Sign in to follow this  
ipwnyou

Anyone know of a good mechanic...

I found an engine...and gearbox...from a 325 manual. Pretty good stuff - worth using for a conversion. I know i need a list of other things, but I need to know what these are...and I need a mechanic to do it...but no idea where to look. Anyone know of a good place...or need a pet project that would earn you some $$?

No point getting the gear without a way to get it done!

Does BMWorkshop and the likes do this kind of things?

Sorry to hijack here, my breaks are almost done and thinking about a e36 -> e46 32x or 330 break conversion and some steel lines.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure putting a M20 into a 4 cylinder car is hard work, it is not as though the engine just bolts in, I'm pretty sure that the mounts etc are all different.

Cheers

Grant

doable i imagine.....

you would need the loom for both the car and (will correct me if im wrong) it might be easier to change the car loom as well.

could prob help out, but a place to do it would be good, i got no room

Easiest way by far if to find a complete 325i thats been crashed or is rusty etc... That way you know you'll have all the parts needed.

There are so many bits youll be able to take off as an upgrade for your car, aside from upgrades you will need:

Motor, radiator and all associated cooling, oil cooler, g/box, motormounts, driveshaft, loom (both sides I assume) just off the top of my head.

Upgrades: Sway bars, front struts, brakes (depends on what you have already), diff (should maybe be in the needs). Might also be an idea to put the springs and shocks in as well. And any other bits that you might want, Then once your done sell off any bits you don't need.

Edited by petone

I could give you a hand at my place, will take a while though depending on what your car has at the moment. Is it currently a manual?

You will need quite a list of bits on top of the engine/gearbox you now have to do the job properly.

Is the motor you can get out of a F/L?

I will work on a list for you.

I could give you a hand at my place, will take a while though depending on what your car has at the moment. Is it currently a manual?

You will need quite a list of bits on top of the engine/gearbox you now have to do the job properly.

Is the motor you can get out of a F/L?

I will work on a list for you.

Thanks heaps guys - this is the stuff I need.

I'll ask if the engine is a f/l or not - currently im running a f/l manual 1.6...but the one Im looking at is one out of a a 325 manual...i just need a list of parts and I can approch the guy about buying it all as one big deal.

Or alternativly I could get the stuff off Brent - i think he still has the 525 with all the goodies needed for a conversion - but as i understand its more work using 525 parts?