Sign in to follow this  
Tilbo

Adam - Auckland - 318i

Hi all. I'm Adam, born in the UK, now living in Auckland.

I'm new to BMWs. My first car, actually a van, was a '90 Mitsi L300, after that came a '97 VW Golf GTI.

It is a NZ New '94 318i Manual Sedan in Morea Green, in poverty spec as it has almost no options, which I actually dig about this car! Full Service History from Jerry Clayton's right up till my friend bought it. The colour is fantastic and you don't see many others wearing this paint. I'm pleased to say it is relatively tidy and hasn't travelled my kms (108,000). It was lowered by the previous owner on Dobi springs and the headlights were tinted yellow, I have since added AZEV Type A's and roof racks. I have also replaced the sagging headlining.

Here is a photo from when I first bought it:20131207_1438041_zps046378e2.jpg

A
nd this is how it looks now:
20140606_170711_RichtoneHDR1_zps427e8ff0

She goes alright despite being only a 1800cc, I expected worse speed-wise to be honest being quite a big car. It is very economical though, sips the gas.
I plan to sort out the sagging door cards, replace the shot factory speakers and a suspension overhaul is on the cards. I might change the wheels too.

No doubt I will be on here a lot seeking help, advice and ideas (both good and bad).

Adam

I'm actually surprised how much better it looks with those wheels and racks! Good stuff :rolleyes: looks nice

Looks cool, plus it's got roof racks, so double cool

I'm actually surprised how much better it looks with those wheels and racks! Good stuff  :rolleyes: looks nice

Thanks I'm pleased with how it looks

Nice. Like the colour. How about paint matching the bottom half?

Not sure about the yellow headlights. Its also illegal.

Nice. Like the colour. How about paint matching the bottom half?

Not sure about the yellow headlights. Its also illegal.

I've thought about colour-matching the front and rear bumpers. Not the complete bumper but leave the top+bottom grey. I believe that was a factory option as I see plenty around like that.

The film over the headlights made it through a wof, but I might take it off and tint the full beam lens instead.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nice, sometimes the minimalist look is cool, and yours is pulling it off. Looks sweet with those roof racks! Welcome