Sign in to follow this  
No name user

E36 Sedan turbo

I thought some maybe interested whats gone into my e36 turbo and setup its now done 30k from a fresh engine and still runs well apart from minor crack in the head, oh ya.
Anyway it runs a M42B18 which most may know is turbocharged from ground up it goes like this, small case 4.1 rear end 220g box custom clutch and my own billet flywheel 5kg, bilstein’s all round on lowered up rated springs 6 cly brakes etc custom gear lever very little travel ( great when you get use to it ).

As for the heart it’s a stock block been tank and many hours grinding and blue printing it much time was spent on the oil system, stock crank and journal sizes use ACL bearings stock timing chain.

135mm H beam rods JE Mitsi evo pistons 86mm 22mm pin drops comp ratio to 8.8/1 pistons sits 1mm down from deck, use cap screws for head bolts pulled down to 85 ft/lb and stock head gasket no o ringing has been done.

Head is stock as per cams but centerline for timing has been changed a large amount cam pulleys slotted more to allow this, intake manifold is stock first 4” then cut off and 4” plenium is welded to it uses a m50b25 throttle body 660cc simmens injectors stock fuel rail two Detuchworkx pump intank.

Headers are custom 4 into 1 steam pipe port matched to head 2.5” exhaust off turbo to rear with two offset chamber mufflers ( did have one but droned like hell ) 38mm Tial gate welded to turbine housing, turbo is one of my units a HRC35RS 6cm turbine ( Holset based ) rated to 500hp front mount cooler is 600x300x75mm.

Cooler piping is 2.5” from turbo to cooler then 3” to throttle body, no blow valve is run or needed its how the turbo is designed has 4” intake with air amplifier added to the front ( my design patient pending ), ECU Haltech Sprint 500 ignition wasted spark using Subaru coil pack.

It currently runs 18 psi makes full boost by 3500 rpm I rev it to 7500rpm has launch control and few other toys, wheels are Sparco NS6 18x8.5 with Dunlop track DOT tires, car still gets 90km around town on $20 and use 91 octane, don’t freak theres no det and runs very well as for performance lets say its over 300hp ;)

To how it drives its very stealth and tons of fun demoralizing many expensive road cars ( on closed roads of course ) topend doesn’t stop no matter gear ( closed roads again ) its handling is pretty good and stops well using Ferodo pads hard on the discs but stops J, this is just the workshop hack body is rough doesn’t really stand out apart from the plates lol hope I haven’t bored you guys too much.

post-793-0-50563800-1402653309.jpg

• Like 2

i like. just give me your setup hehe

As always Steve, love your work!!

Glad to see you've finally pulled the dust cover off this little monster, man!

Still getting my head around the 10l/100km economy (driven nicely, I assume) given it's delivering 300hp at the treads :blink:

Pics of the engine bay please!

engine bay isnt flash as per the rest of the car and yes when driven nicely

Doesn't need to look flash :) If you ever get round to it, I'd be keen to see what's gone on in there!

LOVE the sparco rims!

Were those on TM a while ago? Shame the offsets are a little high for an E30 M3.

thats them and they were in crap condition so i set them up in the mill and removed all the damage add some plastidip and job done

I hope it still has the 318i badge B)

Fun-ness

I hope it still has the 318i badge B)

Fun-ness

it sure does

• Like 1

"...hope I haven’t bored you guys too much."

He says, unveiling a monster setup!

Awesome work as always Crunchy

• Like 1