Sign in to follow this  
KillerX

FACTORY new 1985 BMW 745i. for sale, 52 kilometres on the clock

Old school turbo power!! Nice !! ;)

yeah, engine will be toast, will probably explode if started up etc.

Why buy any car, let alone a 7er that would have cost sh*t loads and never drive it! I can kiiinnnddaaa under stand some super cars etc but not a 7

There was a thread on a UK BM blog about a guy who has an e30 m3 with delivery miles. About 50, he`s a car collector and wanted huge money for it. As a lot of posters said, what happens when you suddenly buy it, and put 10000 miles on it.

I`m not a mechanic, but does the sudden movement put the damn thing into shock ?

Flip side, the m3`s are going up in value...not so sure about an old 7er...

Exactly ...you turn up with a trailer full of pound notes to buy it and ask the vendor to start it up.

Vendor looks at you nervously and says.. `oi don`t know if i`d I`d like to risk that sir....`

They could just start it and not drive it..52 OG miles but it's had 700 litres of fuel through the tank.

ok

doesn't affect brakes, diff, gearbox, etc

there is a high chance the gearbox has only seen top gear a half dozen times in its life :o

ok

doesn't affect brakes, diff, gearbox, etc

there is a high chance the gearbox has only seen top gear a half dozen times in its life :o

I was thinking (probably wrongly) the entire drivetrain would be utterly sweet seeing it's had no use, but been suspended in oil that's never seen any use either...?

Likely every rubber component on the car would be as brittle as the toffee covering on a creme brulle though. I could see someone driving off in it and the fuel line cracking open and engulfing the car in flames and the brakes failing when he frantically tries to stop and smashing into a tree on the side of the road. lol!

There was a thread on a UK BM blog about a guy who has an e30 m3 with delivery miles. About 50, he`s a car collector and wanted huge money for it. As a lot of posters said, what happens when you suddenly buy it, and put 10000 miles on it.I`m not a mechanic, but does the sudden movement put the damn thing into shock ?Flip side, the m3`s are going up in value...not so sure about an old 7er...

If it was a SE, it might be this guy...

There was a very wealthy gentleman in the UK who bought his sons a few brand new cars ( 2 x E30M3 Sport Evo, Ford RS200 and I think a couple of the hot rod Mercedes 190E's ) that sat with delivery miles until last year ( or 2012 ). A guy ( a car collector ) who was introduced to him in the 90's, after being told about the cars by the owner, said if you ever want to sell them, here's my number. The guy received a call out of the blue and ended up buying them on the spot. He kept a couple of the cars I think, and was selling off the others ( he bought a few cars iirc ).

That`s the guy...amazing thread...small world

I did read who the original owner was, can't remember his name now, but he was a very, very wealthy guy ( billionaire iirc ). His sons had no interest in the cars. Think there were some Sierra Cosworths as well.

Dutch registration, I always new the Dutchies were to mean

to buy petrol to put in there car.