Sign in to follow this  
handgrenade

Any electricians out there to fix my phone lines DSL?

Hi just a stab in the dark

Any electricians in here? Or people who have experience with house phone wiring??

My naked DSL has stopped working and my ISP has sent people but they say its not on their end. The DSL won't connect so they think its something on my house end!!

I'm in the Mt Roskill area in Auckland .. Any sparkies want to help a brother out or do a cash/beer job??

Thanks!!

Heya, i'm an IT technician. Have you checked the setting in the modem or possibly tried using a different modem? Its rare to see house wiring the problem in this sort of case however having a naked connection means its not easy to rule this out (have you tried the modem in another socket?).

I'd try reset the modem and put your settings in again and failing that maybe try another modem. Modems crapping out is far more common than house wiring issues.

Hey mate,

Yep, have checked using 3 modems, and even bought a brand new shiny TPLink modem.

In the past I've had some problems with the house wiring, and had an electrician come and disconnect all the other phone jacks since I will never use a landline.

The ISP guys came out and said it's all good on their end .. the hardware is brand new on my end .. the only variable is then the wiring :(

Thanks for your reply though

Righto, sounds like a bit of a tough one. Hope you manage to get it sorted soon!

yeah I'm going through internet withdrawal. tremors and suicidal idealisation.

I actually stay longer at work because there is internet here .. haha!

but I'm surviving on my phone. Thank goodness for unlimited (fair use) data.

I can help you out, high probability the rainy weather's to blaim! Pm me your details and I'll be in touch.

Thanks mate! PM sent!

sent from shaky internet withdrawal hands

epic thanks to Toast (Connor) for driving out from west auckland to Roskill and crawling under my house to fix my phone line. Awesome guy to just drop things and help a fellow bimmersport member out. Thanks mate!!!!! I AM FINALLY ONLINE AGAIN -- ---

/GOES STRAIGHT TO TORRENT SITES TO CATCH UP ON TV.

As a sparky have seen some pretty dodgey phone line connections in my time! Wouldnt Take much for the tape to fall off the "join" and cause a poor connection and a fault. That's why I didn't risk having slow interwebs in my house and ran a dedicated cable to the incoming line with a filter there so don't have to piss around with inline ones throughout the house either.

Good you got it sorted, I couldn't live without internets either!

Good Sport Connor =)

Edited by rusteee

Good Sport Ken =)

Good sport to Connor for coming out! hope he enjoys the beer and other nifty gifties I had around !!

Love the bimmersport community just that much more :)

haha yep, well if anyone needs a private jet interior or happens to own a commercial airline and needs a new interior, then I can hook you up ;) that, or any repairs to commercial aircraft (jet) in new zealand ... lol.

• Like 1