Sign in to follow this  
satianv

WOF in Welly CBD area

Hi All Wellites,

My WOF is coming up for renewal and just wondering if there are any "reasonable" mechanics out there around the Welly city are, who would not be looking at every tiny bits of things that they can make extra money out of instead.

Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks :wacko:

just to chirp in

i hate the VTNZ stations...they failed my old e30 on non structural rust. would not explain to me why it was structural. took it to On Road (respectable) and they passed it no problem. was not impressed. was probably just the individual, but i haven't been there since

Agree VTNZ is quite strict but never had problem with them

Last time they failed me for unbalanced break (caused by siezed caliper)

which they should....

AA's station are pretty good too.

I just go to the big ugle ornage vtnz in Thorndon, only failed once with a wheel bearing issue and it was quite a bad bearing when it came off.

I used VTNZ at first, but since Page charge the same amount I decided there wasn't much point.. they don't try to hit ya with stuff that doens't need to be done and if something does, at least they can do it straight away so that your car still passes. Nothing quite so annoying as failing a WOF because one of your fog lights is out and then having to fix it up & then take it back for a recheck, when Page could have done it on the spot and possiby wouldn't even have charged for the work.