Sign in to follow this  
allan

E46 Diff

Looking for a medium case 3.15 to 1 ratio diff for a 2002 e46 have a few inquires out but coming up short so far so thought I would ask on here.

Out of curiosity, what ratio is in there currently? I used a 3.15 (added LS center later) on my manual conversion. As the M50B25 isn't an overly torquey motor I wish I'd gone with the 3.46 instead. Doesn't make that much difference to the revs at 60mph and just shortens up the acceleration nicely.

Food for thought anyway :)

have a e36 3.15 , use the gears out of that and fit into a e46 diff case

It still has the small case 3.38 to 1 in it and 5th comes up quick around 2,900rpm for 100k good in the go department but not for fuel economy. Hence the look at changing and most of the reading I 've done points to the 3.15 to 1 being a good balance. Will keep it in mind the crown wheel and pinion option but was hoping for a straight swap over. Still have a few inquires to come back so time will tell.

Ok you will need the matching larger axles to match the diff

Have complete rear arms with shafts already from donor car. The only difference I can find so far is the bolt spacings on the shaft flange that bolts to the out put flange on the diff.

Edited by tim 325