Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

M50 - M52

Can anyone tell me the differences between an M50B25TU engine loom and the M52B28?

My old cast iron donk is starting to really show its age (revs hunting when coasting to a stop while engine cold, large intermittent flat spot in power band between 2900-3800rpm) which I suspect are signs of a failing or failed vanos. Thing is, I really CBF ordering the replacement seals when I know that I'll be pulling the engine out at some point in the future to be replaced by the B30 project I've got in the shed. (Lack of time and trying to find the $1000 or so to get it dyno tuned are the main holdups)

Which lead me to wonder if the B25TU loom will be compatible with a B28. Yeah, I know rebuliding the vanos is far easier than an engine swap, but the 30 ft/lb torque the B28 has over the B25 is pretty attractive too.

A parallel thought is will the standard DME freak out if I just lock the intake cam at full advance?

Just bouncing a few thoughts around, all of varying complexity, practicality and expense, would be cool to get some input from folks that know more about this stuff than I. Ta :)

no m50b25 use bosch ecu m52b28 use seimeins ecu so plugs are different , afm plugs are different etc etc

no m50b25 use bosch ecu m52b28 use seimeins ecu so plugs are different , afm plugs are different etc etc

Thanks mate, now you mention it I recall asking you something similar last time I saw ya.

Will be interesting to see if the DME will cope with the intake cam locked at full advance. Research time!