Sign in to follow this  
JJohnsen88

E36 Heater issue, no hot air

So it's a 328i with auto dual climate control, I get very mildly warm air coming from all vents, heat doesn't vary between switching vents like my other E36, and it's not thermostat as temp gauge sits at it's normal position, the AC works blowing chilled air but still no hot only luke warm. I have done a bit of searching and leaning towards heater control valve. I'm just fishing for any things I could look at or maybe a way to bypass the control valve to see if that helps. I don't have a volt meter which would make life alot easier I know but any ideas would be helpful. I'm sick of freezing my ass off in the car!

Take the valve out, pretty easy, 3 hoses and an electrical connector. Should be fairly obvious looking into the connections if its blocked.

Theres a few members handy with a spanner down there in Dunners. Im sure someone would help if you asked.

Edited by KwS

Yea swing round some time and I'll show you what the go is. Heaps on 36s at pull n pay so can be a replacement for probably $10

Yea swing round some time and I'll show you what the go is. Heaps on 36s at pull n pay so can be a replacement for probably $10

Pull and pay... Is that like pick a part?!

Where bouts are they?

Yup same idea, down in the old burnside freezing works