Sign in to follow this  
Zippy

Newbie saying Hello

Saying hi to all the members. Own a Caldina but that's a bit boring, luckily I have a Z3 for the weekends . Hope to learn a bit about the running of the car and help with some jobs on it.

Welcome bud! I am also new and I have found this forum extremely helpful and there are a lot of members with immense knowledge on BMW's and their characteristics and also how to make them run smoothly. I myself have dealt with Brent from BM World before I even knew of this forum and he has most parts for most vehicles at competitive prices and his parts are excellent. :) Welcome to the world of Beemers

^ lol, a common mistake. Beemers are motorbikes and Bimmers are cars. Goes back to when BMW raced thier bikes against BSA. So they were called BMW Beemer/Beamers and BSA Beezers. So Welcome to the world of Bimmers. :D

And welcome to the forum ofcourse.

I only found that out when I joined the forum...it`s just that beemer sounds better. And that`s what everyone at work calls mine. I don`t correct them..

Beemer benz or bentley lol

Thanks for the welcome I hope I can learn something from all you Bimmer guru's. I always thought BMW's were called Beamers, see I've learnt something already :D