Sign in to follow this  
FIAT 131R

HOW TO ADD PICTURES TO A MESSAGE

How do you add a picture to a message on this site. I tried to do a search to see if this had been asked before and the sh*t the search showed up was spectacularly USELESS. There is an option to add files to this post but not for messaging

YEAH BUT TO A MESSAGE NOT A POST

its a bit annoying yes .. what you can do is add the image to a post as an attachment, then in your message, you can click my media, and select anything youve attached in the past ..

i have never had a problem posting pictures into messages, the same way you do on a normal thread?

i have never had a problem posting pictures into messages, the same way you do on a normal thread.

That's bloody marvellous Andy but the option to add a picture or a file isn't coming up in the messages

you can post images which are already online easy enough

but

i cant seem to find the option to 'attach' and image from my local drive to a message.

Click "full editor".

By clicking full editor does it give you next weeks winning lotto numbers because it sure as hell won't let you upload pictures to a message.

yeah full editor while posting in a thread does give you the option to upload attachments, however the feature is missing when using full editor or anything while in private messages.

suggest maybe using tinypic.com or something, then you can link it real quick ..

By clicking full editor does it give you next weeks winning lotto numbers because it sure as hell won't let you upload pictures to a message.

Ha,

So I see. Seems you need to have a pic uploaded somewhere already - Facebook, photobucket, or some image hosting site. Then copy/paste the url of the image.

Sorry I'd just assumed the same applied when "full editor" was used, looks just the same as a regular thread post. I'd never used it..

That works. Your PM inbox is full by the way.

Thanks for the reminder on the PM box being full. I just emptied a lot out of it. I have yet to see a site more difficult to do things on than this site. I guess we should congratulate the designer and then remove his hands and his head.

• Like 1

Probably saves a lot of server space. seems the requirement for uploading pics is they're made public which probably isn't too unreasonable for a site with reasonable traffic.

There's probably some easy solution whereby the pics from your camera/phone are synced to something like dropbox or cubby. I've used both and cubby seems a pretty good cloud and free use for 5gig?

Then just link straight to that.

yes i upload all my pictures to external image hosting website.

and then copy the link to either here or a PM etc

Bimmersport is not the only forum like this, every one that i frequent has this "problem"

yes i upload all my pictures to external image hosting website.

and then copy the link to either here or a PM etc

Bimmersport is not the only forum like this, every one that i frequent has this "problem"

I don't want to go into details Andy but I can tell that we "frequent" different places hahaha.