Sign in to follow this  
darrencnz

E36 Z3 M52B28 Engine Loom Questions

Hey all

So the motor is ready to go into the car next weekend, just wanted to ask some questions about the engine loom as i was given all this in a box with the engine so im unsure about a few things from the donor car.... I've posted a photo and im sure those of you who know their way around will be able to tell me what i need to keep and what i can get rid of.

There are 2 big plugs for the ECU, one is obviously for the EC and if i recall correclty, the guy told me the other control box was for the transmission, Can anyone confirm this and can i take all those wires back and get rid of them?

I've already done a dummy run on the engine stand and plugged everything in so im happy with that side of things, it's just this extra control box im not sure about and i want to get rid of any unnecessary wires if theyre not needed.

Cheers

post-51521-0-21380700-1409997471_thumb.j

yes you could remove the trans plug and wires ,

• Like 1

thanks guys, i thought so but i thought id check first anyway...

Unfortunately that site doesnt help me as my donor was a Z3 and the other stuff is all from E30 and E36

Everything is ready now for the new engine next weekend, VW Golf booster, New master cylinder, E36 steering rack etc. Sending the flywheel away to be lightened and then put the box to the new engine and in the car next weekend. Everything has gone smoothly up until now so im waiting for the electrical system to throw up some problems as it seems to be going way to good to be true...