Sign in to follow this  
Zippy

Wheel fitment E36/Z3

My car has style 18 rims 16" with ET of 46 front and rear. Can I go to ET 50 and 17" on the rear? What are the limits on the front? Thanks

Wrong way round, you wanna run a lower offset to clear brakes and struts. generally wanna run between 30-40 but all depends on setup and how much guard work you wanna do to go lower

Edited by euroriffic

I was thinking of a 17" BMW radial spoke wheel, 8.5" wide and ET 50 for the rear.

I'll need to have a look and measure behind the current wheel set up to see what space is available (inside and outside). I don't want to have spacers so will need to get the right offset on the new wheels.

Not correct, 17 are bigger so will have NO issue clearing brakes if 16's do already.

That's funny, why did the spokes on my 17x8 et38 wheels off my 328i hit the brakes on the m3 then?

But they're 17s that I tried. So in theory they should of fit since offset doesn't matter?

Well folks I checked behind the wheels and there seems to be quite a bit of clearance, certainly about 50mm. I'm thinking that that must allow a number of BMW 17" wheels to fit even with an ET of 50. The wheels on at the moment have an ET of 46 although they are only 7" wide and the wheels I'm thinking of are 8.5".

Tyler to quote you if you haven't got anything useful to contribute f**k off - was a perfectly reasonable thread until you poked your toxic attitude into it.

Cant argue with myself.

Tyler to quote you if you haven't got anything useful to contribute f**k off - was a perfectly reasonable thread until you poked your toxic attitude into it.

THIS IS REALLY IRONIC.

• Like 2