Sign in to follow this  
FRT

WTB Oil Catch Can 1L or more.

2L would be great, any condition, cheap is good.

Countdown sell these in various sizes, pretty cheap, might work?

post-2707-0-14055800-1410913252.jpg

• Like 1

For our racecar we built I used the 1L Asahi can. It weighed 20g I think, did the job phenomenally.

You can buy the 2L jugs. Super light and specifically stiff. The smaller proper lid would be easier too.

Edited by tidyverty
  • Like 1

1l aluminum drink bottles from supercheap. Like 12 dollars. Easy to modify lid

Good ideas team! Yes a ali drink bottle could work. I like the beer can one as I would get my thirst quenched at the same time!!

I had my car scrutineered last time and was told that my home made 1L tin catch can was not acceptable and to "buy a proper one".( it is a 2 stroke oil tin). Gee, no pleasing some folk huh.

Next meeting is Super Tourers in taupo so no doubt if checked they will roll their eyes and point fingers at anything home made.

Hey Dave. I think I have a spare catch can around somewhere at home. You can get a kit from supercheap.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Calibre-Oil-Catch-Can-Polished-400c-CALOCT01.aspx?pid=155177#Cross

Will have to have a good rummage for my one. Might be better to just grab a new one.

Ok thank you , ive rigged up version 9.2 with my old OEM oil separator/catch can/back up tin can and more pipes than a church organ so will so how she blows this weekend ..... mind you oil splashing on the track at lap 7 might by a cunning plan come the handicap race....hmmmm

Can you wait until I get there to get the car scruitineered.. I just want to see the look on the guys face when he sees under the bonnet and all your Bunnings Motorsport accessories - :huh:

Gotta admire your Kiwi ingenuity and love of plastic tubing though.