Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Nolathane and Bump Stops

I am curious if anyone has used Aussie Made Nolathane Bushes in their E36? They look pretty well priced compared to Powerflex but that could mean they are not as good?

Also as I am replacing the front Struts in my E36; I looked at the old bump stops and they are pretty knackered, where do I get replacements and do I need to trim them for lowered suspension?

Thanks in advance.

Herb

Havent done bmw specific but in general nolathane are really good.

They engineer their bushes quite well so are not always just solid urethane . Often have harder areas or voids to give a performance increase without to much harshness. then again some are just solid.

So if cheaper i wouldnt hesitate to use. superpro from aussie is good to but not alot of coverage for euros yet. They do lifetime warranty on all bushes regardless of type of use.

Also only thing to note. Aussies have some weird names for some suspension pieces so see if you can get a diagram to make sure they are giving the bushes you want.

Ok thanks guys it looks like they are worth a try, any thoughts on the bump stops?

Go see bnt or autolign or any other local supplier for bump stops. You should be able to get a few different types of bump stops. Which bushes had you planned on changing?

Just like Prince Charles I am all ears? Guide me o wise ones.

Shocks are Koni Strt, Springs are Cobra lowered 40mm over stock (Not Mtec)

Thorburn

I will change the Control Arm bushes and the sway bar bushes. I have a set of ProFlex eccentric bushes for the control arm.