Sign in to follow this  
Arma

e39 530i crash!

You must be stoked. nice restoration!

Very stoked! Hopefully things are running smoothly under the bonnet and I can actually drive it tomorrow. Got my cleaning kit ready to give it a good wax - though I hear it's not a good idea to wax newly repainted cars? (I think they bake it at Prima so perhaps it won't be a problem)

One think I might do is move the rego plate further up a little bit so it isn't hovering over the bumper mesh area... just being picky but it's bugging me

Edited by Arma

Time to hit Andy up for some euro plates and holders.

Time to hit Andy up for some euro plates and holders.

Yep! :) Although last time I ordered the German military plates and got them confiscated. Hopefully the new NZ style ones are more convincing!

Looks great again. Watch out for those concrete barriers aye <_<

• Like 1

Picked up Bonnie. (Yes my car is named Bonnie.. my other one is named Clyde)

Anyway, gave her a good wash, clay bar, polish, wax etc. etc. Installed the new AFE filter. They forgot to hook up my rear parking sensors, so did that. Mechanically seems sound, they did a pressure test, no leaks so far. Did a wheel alignment just in case, since chassis rail was repaired. Anyway, here are some [average] pics (Foglight covers have been blacked out now):

15471247339_ffe357682b_b.jpg

15472316100_c8306c2b2c_b.jpg

My messy garage, where the valet magic happens

15471918087_7e12e29ee2_b.jpg

Here are the Xenons. I think the adjusters are broken... The motor moves the headlight up down automatically, but i think the default position is still kind of angled downwards, more than it should be imo. Who does repairs for this? I don't wanna do it myself. Made a topic here: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/51140-e39-xenon-headlight-adjuster-repair-who-can-do-it/

15472314280_bac870ba84_b.jpg

Edited by Arma
  • Like 1

Looking good!

Is it just the pic or is the panel gap a bit off spec in the front passenger side corner above the headlight? The gap between the bonnet and guard.