Sign in to follow this  
mjayhenry

Hi all

Just wanted to say a quick hello.

Currently my garage consists of a Mazda familia (sad I know)...but I'm currently the lookout for manual E30.

Owned one about 10 years ago, had a blast in it, can't wait to get another one and maybe get into some racing.

Looks like there are a great bunch of people on the forum. I'll apologise now for any noob questions I have in the future!

Hope to get some pics up soon

Cheers guys

Mike

Most likely wont find a manual one so get a nice tidy auto to convert to manual!

Welcome, I hope these forums turn out to be as informative to you as they have been to me, don't know where I would be without it really.

I'm sure I seen a few manual E30's on Trade Me the other day when I had a look, just might have to travel or organise shipping. There's an awsome looking one on here in the For Sale section but it's set up for show more than racing as it has airbag suspension and all, very nice car though.

Most likely wont find a manual one so get a nice tidy auto to convert to manual!

Yeah not too easy to find in manual, probably will come down to a conversion from an auto, will be a good challenge having never done it before.

Welcome, I hope these forums turn out to be as informative to you as they have been to me, don't know where I would be without it really.

I'm sure I seen a few manual E30's on Trade Me the other day when I had a look, just might have to travel or organise shipping. There's an awsome looking one on here in the For Sale section but it's set up for show more than racing as it has airbag suspension and all, very nice car though.

Thanks mate can't wait to get started, got my eye on a decent priced E30 manual on trade me, just need to save some more $$$.

That bagged E30 is mint, bit over my budget unfortunately. See how it plays out!

Sounds great, the budget factor is a real buzz kill when it comes to obtaining what you're really after.

My love for BMW's started with an '85 E30 318i sedan which belonged to my dad as I learned to drive in. Sad part about it was I decided to back into a pole, somehow missed the rear end completely and took out the majority of the rear passenger door without shattering the glass. Was not a popular 15yr old that night that's for sure haha

Sounds great, the budget factor is a real buzz kill when it comes to obtaining what you're really after.

My love for BMW's started with an '85 E30 318i sedan which belonged to my dad as I learned to drive in. Sad part about it was I decided to back into a pole, somehow missed the rear end completely and took out the majority of the rear passenger door without shattering the glass. Was not a popular 15yr old that night that's for sure haha

Haha classic! Total buzz kill trying to save up, especially when you see something you want but can't afford.

It'll all be worth the wait....

Welcome Mike....I have a good friend who has an e30 325i manual touring in fantastic condition.I can ask him if hes intersted in selling....he never drives it.

Welcome Mike....I have a good friend who has an e30 325i manual touring in fantastic condition.I can ask him if hes intersted in selling....he never drives it.

Hey mate, that would be great, let me know what he says, cheers!

Hi! another e30 to the list of them growing in this forum! Manual conversion isn't too bad unless someone has been in there before and f**ked something up. I had to deal with a stripped top bolt. GL!