Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

Race series guys at taupo.

Id just like to commend all you bmw competitors on being some of the best people ive dealt with during racing.

I was on the entry gate at taupo today as a fundraiser for our local volunteer fire brigade. Bit of a thankless job in the wind and rain for 8 hours.

Of all the different race series there.today you guys came in with the best attitudes around. No grief at all with "missing tickets" or trying to bring other people in. And noone in a rush trying to speed us up.

And on the way out only people who consistantly gave us a wave or a toot.

Not to mention. 4 of you gave us free tickets to give to people coming in.

1 of you gave us cookies and another gave us pizza.

And for the guys who left early you missed the part where the wind got so bad the start light gantry got ripped off the wall and collapsed over the track before the last race started.

• Like 1

Pity you hadn't made yourself known Jason - I would have caught up to meet you. Didn't have the race car unfortunately,(merely spectating/support) but passed in this morning then out this arvo in the E12

And yes - left after the last BMW race - before the wind blast!

I would like to give a special thankyou to Dennis, one othe security people at Taupo.

We arrived late Friday night and while I was unloading he came over and offered to help

and assured me he would, with his support keep an eye on our cars over both nights.

Good on you Dennis and the Team from all the "BeeMer Drivers " !!! Great to be helped by

nice people.

Definitely the best group of racers. Even the biggest rivals are happy to lend a hand to each other.

Good to hear nothing has changed.

So strange having the Taupo round at this time of the year. Usually we are cooking in the Jan/Feb heat.

Thanks for the mention Jason. We should always be showing our appreciation for all the officials at the meeting, and especially all the volunteers - if it weren't for you guys we wouldn't be able to race. So it is good that our appreciation of you guys was spotted, keep up the good work!