Sign in to follow this  
gjm

BMW Style 73 17x7 et47 rims & tyres

Bought these for the E46 Touring, but have gone back to 16s. Just a case of practicality - the 17s need new tyres, and I had set of Michelins for the 16s.

They obviously suit the E46. I think they'll also fit the E36, E34ix, Z4 (E85/E86) and possibly others, especially if you're happy to use a spacer to reduce the (numerical value of the) offset.

4 of them - one for each corner. :) With centres.

e46+style+73.jpg

Tyres are all Bridgestone Potenza RE050s. All four tyres have some, if not significant, camber wear. Size (not that it matters given the wear) is 215-50/16.

Rims are not perfect, but don't have large chunks missing, any flat spots, or dents, and aren't cracked. I can take pics if anyone is interested.

I can deliver locally(ish) or down to Hamilton, for a couple of weeks. After that I'll be working in Manukau so heading north, instead of south.

No idea what the going rate is. Offers on $150 for the set?

I also have a set of worn with camber wear, but WoF-able (didn't even raise a tester's eyebrow), 205-55/16s.

2x Champiro Bax2 (3-3.5mm), 2x FIrestone TZ700 (4-4.5mm). I'd like $100 for the 4 but make me an offer. :)

Lol :D

Apparently E46s on standard suspension settings have a tendency to wear the insides of the rear tyres especially. Rotate the tyres, and you have four with camber wear.

Yup - that's the size.

I bought the rims a while back, with the tyres fitted. I feel that 215 is perhaps a touch wide and that 205/50-17 would be better. There was some camber wear when I got them and assuming even wear when on my car, that's not going to improve.

That said, I was advised that 1990s and 2000s BMWs have a tendency to wear the inside of the rear tyres. I've rotated them - well, swapped front to back - which means (if the wear story is true) they've all ended up the same. Changes were made when I had the alignment done... It'll be interesting to see how the 205/55-16s now fitted wear.

You're more than welcome to have a look, but I appreciate Welly is a bit of a trek! I'll try to sort some pics this weekend.

These need a new home. Make me an offer?

Tyres have gone.

Still have the rims for sale...