Sign in to follow this  
ceebee05

E39 recent acquisition.

After a long draught, 20 years, back in the BMW fold.

Picked up a nice 530i in Christchurch which naturally necessitated a road trip to return it to Hamilton. Got to get back across the Strait to do some more South Island motoring, very enjoyable. Highly recommend it.

Can endorse Acton Automotive http://www.actonautomotive.co.nz/ in Christchurch where I had it serviced prior to hitting the road. Very good service.

"Too much motor sport is barely enough" to paraphrase aussie comedians Roy & HG. I can be frequently found lurking around Hampton Downs, Pukekohe & to a lesser degree Taupo for most racing events held. With a car made to cruise long distances I might find my way to Manfield sometime this summer.

Enjoy getting happy snaps of race cars, car park finds, customs, rods...basically any cars & sharing with others on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/29293417@N02/ If your car is in there please download a copy.

post-13718-0-43452100-1414296182.jpg

Welcome, the e39 sure is a nice open road cruiser, am taking mine to Queenstown this week and then to Nelson on the weekend.

Out of interest, what sort of fuel economy did you get?

Thanks Charles. Wasn't paying that much attention to it. Around 2/3rd's of a tank between Chch & Nelson, wasn't in any hurry. Definitely noticed it used 3/4's of the tank between Wellington & Hamilton. Enjoy your road trip.

Welcome to the forum mate, imo the e39 looks better than its contemporary bros!

Your e39 seems to sit quite high! Are those 17's on it?

They are Cliff, the dream is to lower it a tiny bit. Similar to a Motorsport or Alpina package both seem to be a nice mix of handling & comfort.