Sign in to follow this  
RobD

N54 service intervals

May be an odd / stupid question, but when BMW replaced both turbos on my 335i back in the UK, is it likely they would have also replaced the oil? I'm guessing they would have needed to due to the oil feed lines having to be disconnected?

Unfortunately the work was done a couple of years back. I was more curious as there was a decent gap between the oil change prior to turbo replacement and the first oil change noted after the turbo replacement. I just hope they didn't bolt new turbos on and keep the old oil on there. Guess things are all okay though because the car literally uses no oil at all, at least according to the electronic dipstick.

Edited by RobD

Cant change it now anyway. Just stick to good intervals with good oil from now.

But i would expect they would have changed it as they usually flush out the lines to rid any metal shaving that may be present if the turbos were failing.

Definitely. I've had it serviced twice in my 18,000 km of ownership but ideally I'd like to keep intervals down to 5,000 - 7,500 km.