Sign in to follow this  
Mangry103

First BMW owner 528i

Hi Everyone,

Recently purchased s 1998 BMW 528i.

First european car, this particular car was owned by one of my local mechanics, and had it for sale outside his workshop which i happened to walk past everyday for work. After 2 weeks, i fell in love with the thing and made a bit of an impulse buy.

I don't regret it as its such good conditon, and has low kms for its age. All the major maintanince work has been done, so I am hoping for a bit of worry free motoring. The only thing I intend to do with the car at the moment is get a remote master key, as the car only came with a valet key. It has the red doom alarm light on the rearview mirror so I am assuming that it had one once. I know its costly but after reading a few posts here people seem to suggest getting in touch with Milland.co.nz?

Its smooth, and has the grunt when its needed. I don't think I have ever owned a car thats so fast before. A few times its scared the living daylights out of me. But putting my foot flat at times is addictive, and theres that roar!

Pictures below.

post-52050-0-74369100-1416608951_thumb.j

post-52050-0-50729000-1416608977_thumb.j

Mind sharing how much u paid?

also how many kms?

Used to have a very similar one 1999 528i in silver. Shock absorbers were stuffed around 180kms for me and it wasnt cheap but made a huge difference. Other suspension stuff might be due depending on the kms.

It has the nicer facelifted front lights which is good!

That red thing in the rear view is the infrared receiver for the master key wmfor central locking not alarm.

Good luck and happy motoring

Great buying...they`ve got more `toe` than people think. Mine`s a keeper. NZ new they were about $90000.Get a good mechanic to keep an eye on them and they`re an amazing ride ...