There is another airbag recall.

BMW: 627,615 total number of potentially affected vehicles
2000 – 2005 3 Series Sedan
2000 – 2006 3 Series Coupe
2000 – 2005 3 Series Sports Wagon
2000 – 2006 3 Series Convertible
2001 – 2006 M3 Coupe
2001 – 2006 M3 Convertible

http://www.nhtsa.gov/About+NHTSA/Press+Releases/Vehicle-owners-with-defective-airbags-urged-to-take-immediate-action

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/03/business/takata-resists-midnight-deadline-to-expand-airbag-recall.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

• Like 1

Yep - my E46 is headed in this Friday, sweet!

I know this is an old thread however my 2001 went in for a warrant on Thursday and they did my passenger airbag. Not very proactive in seeking me out to get it done well before that and mine has been serviced through BMW since it arrived in NZ.

Just bought an NZ new 330i Sport Wagon. Any way to tell if this recall or others affecting it have already been done?

Just bought an NZ new 330i Sport Wagon. Any way to tell if this recall or others affecting it have already been done?

Drop into a dealer and they will be able to tell you if it has been done or needs doing.

I bought a 2001 330ci M Sport a few weeks ago, Jap import, should I be contacting BMW? I got it sent down from Auckland and it has BM Workshop stickers and number plate surrounds which would perhaps suggest it probably hasn't been to the actual dealer recently.