Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

E30 M3 with S62

tested at 280kph with still more to go...

Enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was the donor m5

Posted Image

Edited by hybrid

Damn! That looks too easy, I know where there is one of those engines which could probably be bought, I gave it some serious consideration before I went looking for the S50(had the tape measure out, and the S62 is only 6kgs heavier than an S50!) It looks quite easy( apart from the obviously difficult bit-finding an S62!) the chassis rails on an E30 are the same distance apart as an E36, which is same as an E46, and I THINK same as an M5, and the strut towers are FURTHER apart than an E36........ (Which makes it no surprise that Alpina fitted an M70 V12 to an E30- see link below).......... Interesting to see, they didn't even bother freshening up the suspension......Or brakes........ This would be a hard one to top, I guess maybe one of the new M5 V10's perhaps, or possibly an S70 if you could find one. Very cool though, I like it!

This takes a while to download, really need broadband

http://forums.mwerks.com/zerothread?cmd=print&id=1492020

Damn! That looks too easy, I know where there is one of those engines which could probably be bought

Dude ... dont f**ken tease me .. :D

I'm giving big consideration to putting a 6 speed into the 330 to handle going from the stage 1 blower to stage 2

I'm giving big consideration to putting a 6 speed into the 330 to handle going from the stage 1 blower to stage 2

Why would you want to do that?

Guest Spargo

S62B49 swap = teh win. You could boost an S50 swapped E30, S62'd, i'm not so sure there would be enough room... anywhere! Still i'd love to do it. Budget 25K based on my last priced up thoughts, hell an M62 reconn'd from bmw costs 15K (new S54 costs 17K fyi).

Guest Spargo

or possibly an S70 if you could find one

S70/2? OH SNAP!

The Mclaren block is only 60cm long... say about the same as an M20.

THAT is my money no object swap.

Budget 25K based on my last priced up thoughts, hell an M62 reconn'd from bmw costs 15K (new S54 costs 17K fyi).

Interesting only thing is I read some where that its OBDI not OBDII (which my car is ) anyone know if this is true ? The more im thinking about this the more. The 400hp m5 engine in the 330 is sounding like a viable option over the blower. would mean gear box as well ...

Guest Spargo

Hmmm, blown M52 for sale? I'll pick it up, yessir! Easy to convert to OBDI on the (M)5x series motors.

Dunno if it is OBD-2...

The S62 has its own unique Motronic control system, designated MSS 52, which oversees:

Basic engine functions

Electronic throttle system (incorporating influences of cruise control and Dynamic Stability Control)

G-sensitive lubrication system

Thermal oil-level sender

Variable tachometer warning zone

Catalytic-converter protective functions

Double VANOS variable valve timing

Maximum engine speed (7000 rpm)

M Driving Dynamics Control, which provides two settings for the throttle system and power steering.

You might have to go MoTeC M8 Pro... add another 10K and then more for tuning the f**ker.

Yea, it is an OBD1 motor. If you threw it into an E30, you could bin all of it... Mo' Powa!

Edited by CiLK WuRM

Thats a very tidy installation!

even a m60 or m62 would be awesome....wouldnt it?would be tight tho,the m60 is a tight fit in the e34.

hmmm ... I might inquire some more about this ...

I have basically 3 options

* Supercharge current engine (to 360 crank hp) if I want to go stage two or three need manual gear box with HD clutch. (to bust over 400HP)

* M3 engine with SMG conversion, (will handle 515rwhp with blower)

* M5 engine and 6 speed box (400HP sh*t loads of torque)