Sign in to follow this  
Bigmor

Obd2 scanner for iPhone

Hi Guys,

Is there any real difference between these type of scanners listed on trademe? Or is there another type I should be considering.

I am keen to get engine and performance information, like engine temp, boost pressure etc using some sort of application; so any suggestions would be great.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?searchString=obd2+iPhone&rptpath=all&type=Search&searchType=all&generalSearch_keypresses=6&generalSearch_suggested=0&generalSearch_suggestedCategory=

I have these, that I have been testing with my iPad3 and iPhone6. Seems to be okay, haven't tested it in that depth but it connects and you can do some pretty cool diagnostics.

http://www.uobd2.net/wholesale/iobd2-wifi-bmw-diagnostic-tool-for-iphone-ipad-with-multi-language.html

iOBD2 seems to be common, however very expensive. But the Software is a free download, vs Purchasing adapter and then software on top.

BMWhat and the BMW iobd2 would be the best ones to go with. BMWhat on Android via Cable to your phone has the ability to code the car as well for minor items like when the door locks, speeds between wipers, and a bunch of other items. However on iPhone it can do everything par code it as iOS don't allow the permissions for it.

Otherwise purchase the tool, and then free software and you have a basic scanner :)
I tried free version of Torque Pro and it didn't pick up on my M3.. So can't be of any help how good it would be.