Sign in to follow this  
euanme3

E61 Electric boot closing fault

So an idiotic friend of my wife tried to close the boot of our E61 manually and forced it down rather than using the automatic close button.

Now, the button doesn't work at all.

Automatic opening still works on both the key fob and with button inside drivers door, but will not close using the close button on the lid of the boot.

You can manually close the boot but it is pretty hard and it certainly feels like you are having to force it.

Any diagnosis or help much appreciated.

post-51779-0-40584700-1420596946_thumb.j

understand your frustration, but cant say she is idiotic at all. Its BMW implimenting unnessary systems that are not present on other models (at the time especially). Its not like it was done deliberately I am sure.

It's more likely to be a broken wire in the loom at the elbow hinge point

understand your frustration, but cant say she is idiotic at all. Its BMW implimenting unnessary systems that are not present on other models (at the time especially). Its not like it was done deliberately I am sure.

May have sounded a little harsh, but she had been told at least twice before when trying to manually close the lid. Still, she forgot again and now its busted. Idiotic I say