Sign in to follow this  
duvey

Wheel Alignment Places - North Shore/Auckland

Hi Guys

Just fitted a nice spanky new H&R cup kit to the 328, along with new wheels and tyres. Took it for a drive and it felt really good.

I thought I should probably get a wheel alignment done, given all the new stuff.

Looking at the sheet, it looks like they've done a pretty poor job of actually landing within the alignment tolerances. The car no longer tracks straight with the steering wheel at 12'oclock, i'm pretty sure the front wheels are too toed out, and they garbled up my steering rack end trying to crack the tie rod making the adjustment, which i'm a bit pissed off about.

Basically, I'd kinda like to start over with the whole wheel alignment game, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of someone who has done a good job for you in the past, who is maybe a bit more careful and methodical than the aforementioned, and that knows BMWs. I live on the shore, so local would be cool, but i'll drive for a good job.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Ben

Edited by duvey

Just called - he has now moved from Simms to Giltrap Prestige in town. Have booked in with him through them. Thanks for the recommendation.

TyrePro in Takapuna are fantastic.

Waited after hours for my car to be towed when both front tyres went down due to a crock company and their alignment I will not mention on here.
They fitted two new tyres, Balanced and Full Alignment for the Same price the other place was for one tyre and a balance.

Justin is epically awesome and there is a reason BMW Dealers recommend him :)

Most shops will give you the standard alignment the machine tells them to. Tyrepro was one of these from past experiences.

Got it sorted by Autolign/Racelign on Carbine Road. Though I was not getting a stock setup.

I would go to the effort of seeing Peter and Graham Ball at P&S Autocenter in East Tamaki.

They are very very good. There is a reason why pretty much all the BMW racers out East go to them.

Place you can head out to Kaiawa afterwards to test it.

Thanks for all the help guys. Will make the trip out to P&S and report back. Thanks!

+1 P&S