Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Its been an interesting 24hours :|

Well where do I start,

My brother was travelling down to Rotorua Monday night. Just out of Tirua he saw a road sign that was pointing straight a head when in fact up over the rise there was a corner. That and a wet road + night time.

He rolled the car 5-6 times (we counted from the ground impact marks) through 2 fences and up over a third fence (missing it completely and landing on his wheels. Somehow he managed clear the car over a whole paddock. He narrowly missed a land post by about a foot.

My family and I went down and sorted the mess out yesterday and returned him safely home, he's still under observation from concussion but apart from that bloody lucky.

anyways...

pics

post-18-1132707316.jpg

Edited by hybrid

Holy Sh!t, that's some carnage right there.

Off the top of my head, I think I may know the corner you speak of Josh.

Hope he's all good now.

Guest Spargo

F**k me!! Josh, was your bro the guy that was with you in Deschlers? Hope he doesn't have any long term injuries to worry about.

F**k me!! Josh, was your bro the guy that was with you in Deschlers? Hope he doesn't have any long term injuries to worry about.

Nah that guy is mine and my brothers best mate (hes the guy who owns a modded GSR).

Yeah my brother will be fine, still in a bit of shock obviously a bruised shoulder and head, bad seat belt burn, and strained muscle in his shoulder (when he put his hands over to protect his head... The car is insured hes looking at upgrading to an Evo 5.

Edited by hybrid

phoned....

the insurance company yet?

damn ratshit thing to happen glad he's ok thou, now if he was in a honda this would have never have happened

holy sh*t! He was lucky to walk away from that!

Hope he'll get well soon.

If he rolled 6 times, he just evened the world record for rolling a car at high speed. It was on Top Gear few weeks ago.

Insurance would be a pain for the next few years I'd say.

heh .. yeah what I thought too ...

one last pic of what it use to be..

Posted Image

As much as he should have been going at a 'safe speed' in the wet, i would make a big deal out of it if the signage is wrong. Take pictures of it and mention to the ltsa...

As much as he should have been going at a 'safe speed' in the wet, i would make a big deal out of it if the signage is wrong. Take pictures of it and mention to the ltsa...

yeah, agreed....

interesting note, a girl died 3 years earlier by hitting the land post he _just_ missed with the same circumstances.

If he rolled 6 times, he just evened the world record for rolling a car at high speed. It was on Top Gear few weeks ago.

That really would be "Rolled, Bowled and Assholed"

How is your brother now - I bet he was in alot more pain when he woke up the morning after! (seems to be the way after a crash)

ahh hes doing good, just bruises now. The insurance has gone through, and I have already phoned up my importer and hes on the look out for a Silver Evo 5 ..

drive to the conditions, when they change reduce your speed.

im glad hes alright but hes stupid for being so careless.

Yeah what I thought until I saw the scene of the crash. I even tried it in my car .. there is no way (even in daylight) people would see the corner.

Whereabouts is that again? Is it on SH1? So we could look out next time...

(being a Aucklander, don't know about those place's name too well)