my_e36

Intersting facts on car colours

Red cars are more likely to be found exceeding the speed limit

Silver cars hide the most dirt and red cars show the most dirt

Silver is a popular colour in Germany

Black cars are not popular in hot climates

White is considered a sensible car colour and is often used for fleet cars

LTSA - Link for Safe Vehicle Colours

Interesting read....although when it comes down to it, surely it is up to the driver wether he is going to crash or not, not the car colour!

Figures show that, yes, but that means the majority of those dark cars that were involved in 22.5% of crashes had to be crashed INTO, and did not cause the crash. Yea?

Silver is the mot practical, hence most cars being silver.

Red 'speed more' as ppl buy em to go 'look at meeee' (Andy :lol)and hence speed..

They'll have to start working in the non factory riceness colours in soon. Actually what would be said about technoviolet..? Manliest colour alive.

Guest Spargo

black pwns all

word to your mother and your sister and your brother.

The second i've got another 5K saved up, mine's getting carbon blacked.

Red cars are pulled over twice as often as any other colour, so of course they are found to be speeding more often.

Ive had a red car for the past 1 1/2 years and have never been pulled over for my speeding (thank god :bowdown: ) and so have my olds....(but i doubt they speed much). Infact a couple of my mates have red racers aswell and as far as i know they dont get pulled up. Maybe its also to do with the 'type' of red car :lol:

Well, you might be right. A red Morris Minor doesn't get pulled over often. I can say that I was pulled over 5 times in 7 days in my Red X-U1.

I'm not saying what the reason for the phenomena is, just regurgitating the Statistic.

Edited by cainchapman

word to your mother and your sister and your brother.

The second i've got another 5K saved up, mine's getting carbon blacked.

5K..AHAHAHHA

seriously...is that like 1k worth of ass lube for the extra 1.5k you have to pay.

you gotta Hate Auckland!!

mind you "carbon black" down here is more the BBQ your car look...ahahha

hmm the dark blue is a bastard to keep looking clean...cant say i really noticed the dirt on the red car i had...but then LTSA are a proven pack of idiots.

trust nothing from them!

black...well i must say "pirate black PWNS" (just coz of the pirate.)

if anyone knows of a ninja Black...well thats the Win right Thar!!

Silver is gay, from dirty to clean there's not a big difference. Ya don't feel as satisfied with your efforts.

Boston Green is by far the best colour. Good-looking when dirty, downright stunning when sparkling :)

Silver is gay, from dirty to clean there's not a big difference. Ya don't feel as satisfied with your efforts.

I beg to differ....

Do you own a silver car?

My car's arctic silver, it's pretty noticible between clean and dirty.

My black cars were dreadful to keep clean, but my red ones shocked me how they showed up every little dirt spot. My Glacier Green hardly shows the dirt, but I still wash it every week. Montreal Blue needed to be washed quite regularly to remain looking good. Let's not even talk about white, that was awful to keep clean.

The worst part to me is the wheels - they look great clean, but crap dirty. I've only ever once had a set of chromes - and that was on a '64 Valiant I had in '69 (chrome was 'in' in those days). Not about to repeat that.

Guest Spargo

seriously...is that like 1k worth of ass lube for the extra 1.5k you have to pay. you gotta Hate Auckland!!

Okay Dan, what would it cost me then from you? All materials, a couple of layers of clear, genuine E46 M3 carbon black (however many litres), etc etc, based on me delivering you a rolling body, completely stripped.

Edit: Better assume its got some rust too (E30 burn FTW)

Edited by CiLK WuRM

seriously...is that like 1k worth of ass lube for the extra 1.5k you have to pay. you gotta Hate Auckland!!

Okay Dan, what would it cost me then from you? All materials, a couple of layers of clear, genuine E46 M3 carbon black (however many litres), etc etc, based on me delivering you a rolling body, completely stripped.

Edit: Better assume its got some rust too (E30 burn FTW)

well he would hook you mates rates, so id say 6.5k for you sam :D

I beg to differ....

Do you own a silver car?

My car's arctic silver, it's pretty noticible between clean and dirty.

Ok that was perhaps a bit unfair. It is a nice colour, and yes I do own a silver car - arctic silver as well.

It doens't look too bad when it's dirty, and it looks really nice when it's clean. However, other colours, like Montreal Blue or Boston Green, look average when dirty, and absolutely fabulous when clean. The change is much bigger, whereas with silver it's not as big a change. Sure you can still tell a dirty one from a clean one, but the improvement from dirty to clean isn't up there with the others.

Yeh, I have to agree with you.

But that said. silver cars with *CLEAN* wheels (not chrome) look stunning.

Part of the reason I picked the silver is because I don't have to wash/wax as often!