Sign in to follow this  
m2geek

YAY finally picked her up today :D

My new much loved car - my 2002 530i (Jimport).

Haven't done anything to it yet, but all it'll likely get its Tints, a subtle exhaust mod (want some sound) and maybe Mags if I can finally get my hands onto some Style 81s lol.

As usual it has a broken cup holder, the drivers seat squeaks cos i'm fat (apparently wd40 on the rails fixes that?) and It has a 4:3 headunit rather than a 16:9 so trying to rectify that.

Previous bimmers:

1999 e46 328i

1994 e36 320i

Many more pictures to come lol..

post-16574-0-11803100-1422447458_thumb.j

Nice, 530i's are good cars really.

The cupholders are cheap on ebay, just make sure you choose ones that fit RHD car.

You already have a 16.9 Headunit.

The 4:3 Model has the wood trim around it and looks like

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m461/hobiedave02/Items%20for%20sale/P4182995.jpg

My headunit is being an ass - its display was flicking like an old busted CRT screen hahah... Its also an old software one I think. Can't find out what version the software is ont he screen anyway by the means i've come across in my searching.

Also, so far, i've gotten almost 400km this week (heheh!!) out of 25ish ltrs

Another thread you were asking on OS upgrade. As I suspected, from above pic, it has a Jap Nav unit in it still. You cannot update the OS in that. Bin it & convert to Euro spec.

Monitor flickering - may just be a glitch. I have seen them do strange things on odd occasions without being a continual issue.Also, as Charles says - it is a 16:9

Another thread you were asking on OS upgrade. As I suspected, from above pic, it has a Jap Nav unit in it still. You cannot update the OS in that. Bin it & convert to Euro spec.

Monitor flickering - may just be a glitch. I have seen them do strange things on odd occasions without being a continual issue.Also, as Charles says - it is a 16:9

Yup - I will bin it if its going to be an ass and keep playing up. At the moment it is behaving.

Not the monitor - that is generic to all markets. The Jap Nav unit in the boot i mean - that is what holds the OS...

Not the monitor - that is generic to all markets. The Jap Nav unit in the boot i mean - that is what holds the OS...

Ok, so, swapping that out for the Euro spec one will give me the newer software/interface and such?