Sign in to follow this  
kiwi328i

E36 motorsport (black) sunroof headliner

Hi,

Mum's headliner is fighting the laws of gravity and is losing.

Has anyone got a good used one out there? She has a sunroof so I will need an appropriate headliner, pref black, prefer intact.

Please text me if so, I am out in West Auckland.

Lionel 021795306

You best long term solution is to recover it. They all crap out eventually.

There are some Ebay sellers who claim to sell the "correct" fabric, but it reality on a car that won't be a coolectable classic anytime soon, something close will be fine.

If you go the way of recovering - buy the correct glue - standard spary on ADOS will sag on the first decent hot day - you want stuff that says on the can that it's suitable for headlinings (Wurth Extra Strong Spray Adhesive is a good one).

Agreed I replaced my coupe with a decent MS one and it was ok till I sold it. Mum just wants it sorted then we will get rid of it I think, so getting a decent secondhand one if available might be the cheaper option. Agreed if we were going to keep it.

Only costs around $300-400 to have recovered professionally. You probably won't find a used headliner for much less unless you go to pick a part, then you've got to remove it yourself.