Sign in to follow this  
HSB

E90 Front Bumper

I need some advice please...

I have long needed to get a new front bumper because there is a big dent in the front left hand corner (no idea - its a solid dent too). Was looking online and found some different overseas import options but doing a bit of research this involves sanding/priming/painting if i was to go down this route correct?

So have seen this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/exterior/auction-846011039.htm and will do the trick i suppose.

But now my bro is telling me to bog up the dent hahahahaha he's a good boy but a bit loose

So can some-one tell me of those three options above what I should do? (If its the TM-link is that a fair price?)

Thank you :)

Can think of the following

1. Get a quote from a panel beater to repair the damaged totally. Will give you an idea of how much you will be up for and if you could reduce that cost.

2. Call in any outstanding debts owed by people you know in the motor trade etc.

3. If only bumper damaged take the car to a place that repairs bumpers/ plastic welding and paints etc and get a price ask if bumper removed refitted by you/ friend will it reduce the cost.

4. Trade me option here you have bumper cost, transport to you, painting if not correct colour. If you can remove refit the bumper your self or friend can this will help reduce the price.

Considering a new, primed only, bare bumper could be close to a grand if not more then it would appear to be a good price would need to be checked out though.

The only other issue is what damage is their behind the dent that is already their. As some clips or support brackets maybe damaged you will not know this until the bumper is removed.

• Like 2

Thanks Allan thats really comprehensive advice.....if only i had outstanding debts in the motor industry hahaha!!

Perhaps the TM one could be an option, but I'll go to a bumper repair place on Monday - anyone have any go-to's in WLG?

Also any ball park figures for the expected $$ of this damage would be appreciated.....

post-51309-0-99832600-1423899865.jpgpost-51309-0-65387200-1423899866.jpg

I'm not expert but looking at the photos that does not look to serious and any plastic repairer worth their salt should be able to fix it. Being A BEEMER their is always A But what if any damage is their hidden.

That damage looks very minor & should be easily repaired. As Allan has alluded to - find a Plastic Welder in your area.

That damage is not a Panel Beaters job.

We have a brilliant Plastic Welder here in TA - he gets plenty of MUCH more damaged bumpers than that & repairs them without trace.

• Like 1

Let me know if you buy the TM one, I can pick up and take to Welly for you.

TXT me on 027 241 7328 I am only home in the weekends

Cheers

• Like 1

Let me know if you buy the TM one, I can pick up and take to Welly for you.

TXT me on 027 241 7328 I am only home in the weekends

Cheers

What a legend chur :):)

I will be going to a plastic welder on Monday for a quote, so will know by Monday evening what I'm gonna do

Adding to, I would say that probably heat is all that is required to remove the dent. That said - right amount, right place & technique - which a skilled plastic welder will know...

• Like 1

Helena that looks like it will pop out with a little bit of heat. You really dont need to go replacing the whole bumper. Lol meeep. no bog either. Its a minor thing to be honest. Try and take it to a panelbeater. If you were up here Id get my panelbeater to pop it out

• Like 1