Sign in to follow this  
Preey

Wet behind the ears;

Hi everyone, I'm just starting into retirement mode; Been in China for 5.5 years and coming home to the land of milk and honey soon, so need some wheels. I'm looking at a 323i jap import, the knees are shaking not sure from excitement or fear. This will be my first BMW and from what I have read it's not a risk free venture?

Don't buy the 2.5, step up to the 3L. You will not be disappointed. It's superior in all regards.

You'll be fine, just make sure you buy one with. Service history and get it check by Bm Workshop in Grey Lynn or Botany

E36, E46 or E90?

If its an E36 be aware that the jap imports have terrible autos that will result in the "jatco jerk" where they jerk and thump into second gear. The E46 seems to be better and the e90 is all good.

Ill second what Richard says though, the 323i in either chassis is underpowered. Youre better off getting a higher spec model, a 328i or 330i. Not only will you get more power, but the fuel consumption wont be that different as the engine wont have to work as hard to lug the car around.

Edited by KwS

+1 on above. Are you moving to Auckland or elsewhere?

Hi everyone, I'm just starting into retirement mode; Been in China for 5.5 years and coming home to the land of milk and honey soon, so need some wheels. I'm looking at a 323i jap import, the knees are shaking not sure from excitement or fear. This will be my first BMW and from what I have read it's not a risk free venture?

dont beleive everything you read in dog and lemon or on the internet.

Here is a heads up.There is a risk with owning ANY car.If you get a BMW with a good service history and keep on top of its maintenance i suggest it wont be any more expensive to own than any other car that you maintain to the same standard.BMWs are fine cars and have a deserved reputation for being a fabulous drive.They are not without fault .But neither are MOST other cars.

If you want a cheap reliable car with minimal risk stick to Toyotas and NIssans but they wont reward you with anything more than cheap day to day transport.

• Like 2

there is an extremely well looked after E90 that has a $10,000 autosure warranty for that extra piece of mind you seem like you are after...

heard the seller is a real cool person too :lol:

edit link: www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-851267079

Edited by Helena Selena Berlina
  • Like 1