Sign in to follow this  
nath

Alarm install

Ok so i wanted keyless entry so i went and bought the most basic uniden alarm.

red and yellow (constant hot and ignition switched) and ground are easy.

these are the wires i need to find on my car:

-parking light (i think it should be indicators)

-negative door switch

-lock

-unlock

where might these be found on my car?

The lock/unlock (green/blue & yellow/blue) and door switch (brown/violet)can all be found behind the drivers side front speaker panel. The indicator wires (blue/red and blue/yellow from memory) can be found by removing the cardboard panel under the steering column.

If you use both left and right indicators for indicating arm/disarm, you will need to install diodes in the lines from the indicator wires. Otherwise just use one side, no diode needed.

The indicator wires (blue/red and blue/yellow from memory)

I think the right indicator wire is blue/black, left blue/red..

Edited by topless

Yes, sorry if it's only a basic alarm you might need diodes or you can use a double pole relay but if your lucky the alarm might have to seperate output wires for the left and right indicators. William it is blue/black not blue/yellow, sorry.

Hey Graeme, not a bad memory, I just recently installed an alarm in the 318i (now manual, thanks... couple probs though..) so my mind was fresher than yours..

YO, yeah they are right, i just bought an after market locking system for 30 bucks to go with mine as i heard you can burn out motors?? AND please tell me if you can get the lights going i have tried many times but either failed or only had one side of the car flashing :lol:

cu

ok so the alarms god to go, i think you may have lock and unlosk around the wrong way, however i may have written it down the wrong way.

i still need two diodes for the indicators which i will get when i have the time, then done!!

cheers for the help graeme, i actually would have given up by now otherwise! ur info made it piss easy

cheers