Sign in to follow this  
ajross.nz

QUICK! Which 5 to buy?

Very very eloquent Lionel. You captured the true essence of what a person feels when they have a love for something dear to them in a way that not many other people can understand :) well done !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have an E34 530i manual (with 4.0l now). My Co. car is a new Nissan Juke cvt jobbie. My theory is that during the week, I drive a very civil, quiet, non offensive, nonchalant unassuming vehicle (some may say hideous) that is designed to go from A to B, using piss all fuel attracting next to no attention minding its own business. When I refuel, I hope out, pay, hop back in drive, repeat.

Come the weekend, I do the opposite, and I am literally dying for the analog experience. I sit in the car, and absorb for a minute. I turn the key, and actually hear the fuel pump whirring, and all of the other machinations rising like a symphony before the explosion that is called my rear box delete, its rough at first whilst it is clearing its throat and settles from an idle some 1100 to 800, before I careful adjust my psyche to suit. It is an experience that I never tire from due to previous few days of civil (some say boring) transport.

I would go the E34 for the rush, but that's just me. It's like everything else, during the weekend I wear bare feet, it's good for me.

perfect.The 535 did that for me for YEARS even though i drove it nearly every day.1 weekend i was in the car virtually the whole weekend...left home at very early saturday morning to arrive at taupo at 8 am ,driver training all day,drive to tauraunga to see my mum,sunday drive home to welly

Edited by kiwi535
  • Like 1