Sign in to follow this  
bradi65

Fuel injector pulsing circuit

So its been pretty quite at work and i brought some injectors to get cleaned up,

I was going to send them off and have them re done for about $200 but i thought i could do it cheaper,

The plan,

Have a injector connected to a pulsing circuit and run a cleaning solution through it under pressure.

So far i have made up the circuit and it works really well about 30ms between each pulse. see photo below

post-17794-0-55126900-1430970032_thumb.j

Hers the circuit it is just a simple 555 Timer circuit driving a solenoid.

post-17794-0-69274900-1430970126_thumb.j

post-17794-0-39594000-1430969976_thumb.j

So now all i want to do is be able to run a cleaning solution through the injector while it is pulsing,

Whats your ideas i was thinking a pump of some sort ( fuel ? ) with a adjustable FPR that feeds into the injector so i can test them properly,

Let me know your ideas please !

I also need a injector plug !!!! -- so i can connect it to the circuit with out shorting things together,

And a fuel rail ?!!!! - i really only want to connect one injector at a time tho not 6 any ideas ?

FPR

Pump

I know its nothing compared to a proper ultrasonic clean and getting flow tests but its much more fun !!

• Like 1

Just get a jewelry ultrasonic cleaner. They aren't too pricey.

I've got an arduino somewhere in my junk pile that was 75% ready to do flow testing. Gave up because it is much easier to just use a megasquirt I've got lying around

We're trying to justify a new ultrasonic cleaner at work - I have a list as long as my arm that it would be handy for... but there are only a couple that are work related... :lol:

Luckily, the work related ones are pretty important, so that helps - We'll have to use it for home stuff, otherwise it might deteriorate from lack of use :D

I can't see why they can't spring for the $1200 one we're looking at, when the CEO got a 30K pay rise, and they're charging for parking now ;)

Just get a jewelry ultrasonic cleaner. They aren't too pricey.

I've got an arduino somewhere in my junk pile that was 75% ready to do flow testing. Gave up because it is much easier to just use a megasquirt I've got lying around

Yea i seen a few on tardme theres a 70W $100 one that looks good!