Sign in to follow this  
Guest MP0wer

WTB E34 540i

Guest MP0wer

Seems this has become a very popular car these days, so I am expressing interest to buy one, in good condition. But not looking to spend too much.

How much is not too much?

On these things, what you don't spend up front, better than average chances later you will be for maintenance, performance etc.

• Like 2

Guest MP0wer

How much is not too much?

On these things, what you don't spend up front, better than average chances later you will be for maintenance, performance etc.

How much for one of your E34 525i manual's?

Trust me, I know what I'm doing. :D

Edited by MP0wer

These are a quintessential money pit really. Depends on how well you wish to look after one I guess!

$5k should get you a good starting point. Could spend that figure easily redoing bushes, ball joints, oil seals and the like :D

How much for one of your E34 525i manual's?

Trust me, I know what I'm doing. :D

I sold the 525i Manual. I only have the 530i manual with the M60b40 conversion, which will no doubt kick your "...not looking to spend too much" into next week. :wacko:

• Like 1

These are a quintessential money pit really. Depends on how well you wish to look after one I guess!

$5k should get you a good starting point. Could spend that figure easily redoing bushes, ball joints, oil seals and the like :D

Yes Michael. Agree fully. Main term here being that they are "quintessential"...try to close your eyes up and not think too hard about the "money pit" aspect. :banghead: :blush:

Guest MP0wer

I sold the 525i Manual. I only have the 530i manual with the M60b40 conversion, which will no doubt kick your "...not looking to spend too much" into next week. :wacko:

How much? :D

For the right $$ I'd part with mine.

How much? :D

I guess everything has a price (yes Matt, that's a nod to you ). PM me if you are interested. I have done lots to mine, and it has costs me thousands, ultimately I would like to get some return before letting her go, if I ever do, but hey you never know. If you are after a cheap V8 E34, I am not that unfortunately. :huh:

Guest MP0wer

Okay so What can $5000 Get me?

Also What can $2500 Get me

And Finally what can I get for $500?

Lol @ $500.

$5k should get you something sweet. At least maintained to a reasonable standard, tidy interior with minor flaws, maybe a pocket of headlining coming unstuck. Tidy body with regular stone-chipping up front, otherwise pretty straight and square.

I actually picked mine up for $2.5K and it's a $5k car. A year later and it needs work though. Definitely needs some new bushings up front and back. Clearcoat has failed impressively on the boot lid and bonnet is going too, headlining needs work.

I Park it on the street though and use it daily. I imagine I'll sink $2K a year into it replacing/maintaining stuff.

$500 will get me some e31 control arms and maybe some powerflex subframe bushings if I'm lucky and shop around.

• Like 1