Sign in to follow this  
topless

2004 645 Ci

this is coming up for auction at Turners... saw it the other day.

was told the guy had it on the track and lost it on one of the corners and ended up owning the crash barrier. there is still a substantial piece of one of the barrier supports embedded in the engine bay...

suppose it was fun while it lasted... :bounce:

Doohhhh!!! I bet the owner felt like a dick......... Well done with those pics, I saw it listed on Turners site the other day, but no pics of it.I heard an E46 M3 CSL met a similar fate last week, although this one was on the road, rolled several times.Car did not belong to person driving it. Said person was not supposed to be driving it.Suspect same person looking for a new day job. Not sure if this one will be seen at Turners though.........

Edited by conrod

Lets go to the post shop and find the owner using the rego.

He deserves some stern looks and headshaking.

At least if he's insured he'll be getting another one? Pukekowned!

At least if he's insured he'll be getting another one? Pukekowned!

Did this happen at Pukekohe?You will find many insurance companies will not provide cover now,if a car is being driven around a racetrack, even if it is NOT being raced. They have been some big payouts over the last 5 years, I can think of a new Porsche Boxster,a BMW330i and a Ferrari Testarossa that met a similar fate and the insurance companies had to cough for. Check the wording of your policy if you are thinking of taking it out for a track day. Edited by conrod

Doohhhh!!! I bet the owner felt like a dick......... Well done with those pics, I saw it listed on Turners site the other day, but no pics of it.I heard an E46 M3 CSL met a similar fate last week, although this one was on the road, rolled several times.Car did not belong to person driving it. Said person was not supposed to be driving it.Suspect same person looking for a new day job. Not sure if this one will be seen at Turners though.........

Any more info on this m3 Conrod?

Name,rego or insurance co??

The TRUE story is ,

The guy that owns this WAS at Pukekohe... but was not racing THIS car. He was testing he TRUE race car... he stopped testing , put the racecar in the trailer , jumped in the BMW and went to drive out of the driveway... Unfortunately, he hadn't "switched off" from racing... and he met a tree.

Sucks to be him.

Edited by Mr_Flick

The TRUE story is ,

The guy that owns this WAS at Pukekohe... but was not racing THIS car. He was testing he TRUE race car... he stopped testing , put the racecar in the trailer , jumped in the BMW and went to drive out of the driveway... Unfortunately, he hadn't "switched off" from racing... and he met a tree.

Sucks to be him.

Was this you?!!!!!!!! Damn, I bet it does suck! At least you would have been covered for it(?) The opposite seems to happen with me after I have been racing, I tend to get out on the road and drive like a nana, which is not normal for me............ The M3 CSL also met its fate out on the road at Pukekohe, as for the ownership of the car, well, lets just say it only had demo K's on it!............ Edited by conrod

Conrod, "Speed Kills, play it safe. Drive a Ford!"

Sorry, I know the UK (Cossie & Shelby) Fords don't really fall under that category, but on the whole. Fords are sh*t.

I prefer one of Bert (Kev's) Mazda's!

Conrod, "Speed Kills, play it safe. Drive a Ford!"

Sorry, I know the UK (Cossie & Shelby) Fords don't really fall under that category, but on the whole. Fords are sh*t.

I prefer one of Bert (Kev's) Mazda's!

Touring car racing would have been pretty boring in the late eighties if there were no RS500's around for BMW to race.......... And while Ford do get it wrong sometimes, so do BMW, but this really isn't the place for it! However,Mazda will probably trade your car in on a new "3" I imagine........

I heard the same story, certain person driving with a few mates on the open

road in a car that was suppost to be parked up.... certain CSL written off, certain

person fired, certain company now down a CSL......