Sign in to follow this  
MD13

Home coffee machines

Crappy old (7+ years) Sunbeam I think?

But it makes ok shots when driven by my wife and hell I an't complaining to a coffee in bed every morning!

By "ok" I mean I've paid for worse frequently.

interesting thread. I learned how to make good coffee on a commercial 2 group machine, working amongst a group of techies some years ago. these guys were so serious about it they'd done the barista courses. I think mostly for the satisfaction of being properly trained and knowing how to do it right, and partially for the ultimate "FU" bragging rights.

I have it on good authority that the E61 based machines, as Ron notes, are indeed the best.

S'funny. I don't drink coffee. However, on the basis that life is too short to drink sh*t wine (or listen to bad HiFi), if you enjoy good coffee you owe it to yourself to learn how to do it right, and get a decent tool. I mean, do people consciously decide they're too lazy and elect to be a crap shag?! :lol:

some help here.Not a coffee a ista .I enjoy a coffee or three tho.Bro in law has gone oversea s so we have a quired his machine(sunbeam cafe series),made first cup this morning was ok but my milk steaming was average.

Second attempt the steam wand didnt emit any steam,have tried the cleaning pin,took the nozzle of ...do i try a descale.Or just put it back in the box and leave it?

^Sounds like the same machine I had. If you've detached the steam wand from the machine, single flat head screw, then it probably isn't going to seal once reattached.

^Sounds like the same machine I had. If you've detached the steam wand from the machine, single flat head screw, then it probably isn't going to seal once reattached.

the steam wand itself attaches to machine with a nut that allows some movement of the wand .I have tried to undo said nut but dont want to put too much effort into.I am gonna try a descale ...I will not let the descale liquied through the wand....it says not too!