Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Rear light kill switch

just outta sheer curiosity, where would i put a switch that killed all my rear lights? (brake, lights and license plate) which wires would i have to to intercept with a switch?

thanks

could be tricky, cos the left and right hand sides of the car are on different fuses, and those fuses control the front lights as well. Maybe you could cut the earth wires to the housings?

turn ur head lights off? even i worked that one out haha, nah i have no idea, i htort i did but i dont

Your brake lights still show.

Clearly you are a noob in terms of crime. :ph34r:

Edit: i cant find anything, except that you could kill the brake lights by wiring a switch between the pedal switch.. And then youd just switch your lights off to complete it..?

Edited by Dnz

Your brake lights still show.

Clearly you are a noob in terms of crime. :ph34r:

Ahhh grasshopper... If you're running from people seriously you don't use the brakes... or if you need to pull the handbrake... Up to you how hard you pull it

badass ive thought of dong a rear number plate ight swith for the hell of it, but you need the lot to turn off lights and all, no that could be hard..cant you like switch all the +12V 's off? run a wire back to the dash??

like I said, too many different circuits. I reckon easiest way would be to run a wire from dash to relay in boot that cut either earth (assuming the lights don't touch the body) or cut the power to lights you didn't want on.

I'd mount the switch near the drivers seat. And I'd look in the Bentleys manual for a wiring diagram.

You can't out run a radio!

you need one of those old skool headlight dip swotches,to mount on the floor,dont ask me how to wire it though

you need one of those old skool headlight dip swotches,to mount on the floor,dont ask me how to wire it though

That would be badass. my mate one of those on his HQ. I want one on my truck.

refe to what mike said, either run a relay in the boot that is connected to the earth of the rear lights. then run a wire to the front of the car, for the driver to operate via a switch.