Sign in to follow this  
ceebee05

Lowering 2002 E39 530i.

I'm keen to lower my standard E39 530i to the same ride height as the E39 M/sport. The M/sport is a nice ride.

Can someone advise me whether it's simply different springs & what I'm up for if I use genuine parts?

proper motorsport cars are shocks, sway bars as well. Its called M sports suspension II, option S705A.

• Like 2

There's S704A too: M sports suspension - I don't know what the difference is, but our E39 is 704 rather than 705. It was really low, and I actually raised it about 20mm, with 10mm spacers in the strut mounts when I rebuild the suspension, so now it's normal low, instead of annoying low:

12942420423_4630b146fd.jpg

The new Sachs shocks for the sport suspension are SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive than standard ones FYI ;)

Pretty sure you can just do springs , I did springs and shocks on my 528 well worth doing . Msport shocks are firmer so you get a sharper drive doing both. Best upgrade is rear sway bar most have a prissy rear bar that lets the rear end roll and induces understeer quite early. Swap it out for an Msport bar , you will need new bushes as well - go urethane

proper motorsport cars are shocks, sway bars as well. Its called M sports suspension II, option S705A.

There's S704A too: M sports suspension - I don't know what the difference is, but our E39 is 704 rather than 705. It was really low, and I actually raised it about 20mm, with 10mm spacers in the strut mounts when I rebuild the suspension, so now it's normal low, instead of annoying low:

12942420423_4630b146fd.jpg

The new Sachs shocks for the sport suspension are SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive than standard ones FYI ;)

Edited by ceebee05

Want to thank 3pedals, hybrid & Allanw for their help. The E39 rides great.

post-13718-0-43828000-1445065242_thumb.j

• Like 1