Sign in to follow this  
Cheyne_Oo

e36 328i solid flywheel and clutch kit

Im looking for a new solid flywheel and HD clutch kit

at a reasonable price, iv been quoted $1100 just wondering if there is anything else out there.

we have just gone through this with one of our s50b32 engines, our dual mass was naffed.

e

we looked into a lightened kit from nzad but after some reading and speaking to one of ouf engine guys we have decided not to because the lightened flywheels can upset the harmonics of the engines and can cause flywheel bolts and crankss to break along with other stuff

we have had a flywheel made up but have had it machined to the factory weight so we dont cause any issues

to have a flywheel made was not expensive at a little over $400

the person who is making our flywheel has made a lightened onoe for a 328 before and 3 days later he gets a call saying he has snapped the crank in 2.

(this is assuming of course the kit you hhave been quoted is a light weight flywheel)

we have just gone through this with one of our s50b32 engines, our dual mass was naffed.

e

we looked into a lightened kit from nzad but after some reading and speaking to one of ouf engine guys we have decided not to because the lightened flywheels can upset the harmonics of the engines and can cause flywheel bolts and crankss to break along with other stuff

we have had a flywheel made up but have had it machined to the factory weight so we dont cause any issues

to have a flywheel made was not expensive at a little over $400

the person who is making our flywheel has made a lightened onoe for a 328 before and 3 days later he gets a call saying he has snapped the crank in 2.

(this is assuming of course the kit you hhave been quoted is a light weight flywheel)

I assume you used a sprung hub clutch plate?

Can I ask who supplied the flywheel? Could be a good way to have a single mass flywheel with the 240mm clutch setup without spending ludicrous sums of cash!

Feel free to PM

Picked up my new flywheel yesterday

We will be using a sprung disk

It is only a 228mm flywheel as we have a dprubg disk here for it already, we are also having a pressure plate re built and up rated

For us having the 240mm flywheel didnt really achive much, we are only running on clay so there isnt as much grip as a seal track,

The guy who made it was from dynamic engineering

Picked up my new flywheel yesterday

We will be using a sprung disk

It is only a 228mm flywheel as we have a dprubg disk here for it already, we are also having a pressure plate re built and up rated

For us having the 240mm flywheel didnt really achive much, we are only running on clay so there isnt as much grip as a seal track,

The guy who made it was from dynamic engineering

post-51325-0-92465500-1438896851_thumb.j

post-51325-0-11850900-1438896869_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice,

My D1 Racing Clutch & Lighted Flywheel is coming out and getting a replacement like this although it will use the 240mm disk and standard M3 pressure plate.

I've had nothing but trouble with the D1 clutch not fully disengaging since it went in.

I suspect there is some issue with the D1 pressure plate requiring additional travel which the S6S 420G slave + release arm cannot provide. However, they cannot offer any technical details or drawings showing the required travel.

The lightened flywheel is also causing a lot of gearbox chatter at idle.

That flywheel looks pretty nice.

I'm running a UCC clutch with a single mass flywheel and the whole clutch setup weight in at about 11.5 lbs.

Going to a lighter flywheel, UCC recommended ATF with some Redline 90w-140 to reduce /eliminate chatter. I ran what was recommended and I haven't had any issues.

I have put around 2,000km on it as the car is a daily and have attended 3 skid days at Hampton and shifts really well.

It drives better than a stock clutch but she can bite like a 4puk. Highly recommend if budget allows.

I recall another member running a UCC clutch also in his E36 M3 in his hack car. And he wasn't soft on it either.