Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

Backup for U2???

f**ken awesome, kanye is badass

that is gonna be an incredible concert now that knaye is there, U2 and kanye is gonna be so awesome, really really wishing i had cued for tickets now..

I'm not big on rap & hip hop, it just seems bizzare to have that kind of backup band to lead U2. Would have been better to put a kiwi band on stage.

I missed out on the Friday 17th concert, but got A-reserve tickets to Saturday 18th. The fools who queued up for 2 days... it took me 20 minutes refreshing the website to get tickets from the comfort of my office. :lol:

I actually heard that it was pretty mean queing up aye, playing cards, cricket, talking to people around you and realising that they know one of your best mates etc and you dont have to actually sit in the one place all night. Able to go away for several hours and come back. Meh would have been fun to actually do though. But yes u are right, heh, refresh...refresh...refresh...refresh.

Guest Spargo

Anyone see the interview where Kanye blamed katrina on george bush and the white man? What a f**king tool.

Typical, always got someone to blame, other than themselves, not that Katrina could have been avoided. Just think of the uproar if a white man blamed something of that calibre on a (inappropriate language - watch it).

Lets see if these 'oppressed' black rappers help out all their 'struggling' bruthas with their new found fame/fortune.

BTW more whites died in the wake of Katrina than blacks I believe.

Edited by *sic

stay on topic, and leave the racism out of the freakn thread thanks

You guys have lost the plot.

George Bush doesn't care about black people

Have you been under a rock for the last 6 years?

Getting back on topic - I have no idea who this Kayne is, but if he's a rapper as I glean from your posts, it does indeed seem a strange choice of opening act for U2. I'm sure my daughter will not be pleased... She's 23 and into metal and rock and considers rap to be for pre-teens. Maybe she's too old... mind you, she doesn't much like U2 either, 'cos they're too tame, but she's going along "just 'cos" ...

I agree 100% with the suggestion to use a Kiwi band.

u2 is top 40, so is Kanye. Seems logical to me.

She's 23 and into metal and rock and considers rap to be for pre-teens. Maybe she's too old... mind you, she doesn't much like U2 either, 'cos they're too tame, but she's going along "just 'cos"

People who dismiss any entire genre aren't true music fans.

Dismissing individual groups it totally sweet though.

If you love U2 click here!

Edited by m325i

maybe Bonos coming on for a rendition of gold digger? taking jamie fox's place?..

maybe Bonos coming on for a rendition of gold digger? taking jamie fox's place?..

hahah, that'd be hilarious.

Nah I disagree with that. For example I dislike pretty much the entire Country-Western thing, with the exceptions being country-blues. Its just a matter of personal taste.

Oh and U2 are not a "top 40" band ... unless you are talking in terms of succesful years. They're like the Rolling Stones, still rockin decades on whereas an 'artist' like Kayne will be gone in 5 years, another fad gone.

not that Katrina could have been avoided

There are two major Katrina scandals:

1. Lack of early intervention in both aid & evacuation

2. Serious depletion of funding for the upkeep of the levies & draining of surrounding swampland that would have substantially reduced the effects of the storm.

So yes there is a great deal that could have been done about Katrina!

(but blaming it all on bush is just plain dumb)

(but blaming it all on bush is just plain dumb)

Why? I put the blame soley not on just his administration, but the entire GOP.

whereas an 'artist' like Kayne will be gone in 5 years, another fad gone.

you dont know much about production now do you?...

kanye is like the neptunes..

but you prob dont know them either...

u2 is top 40, so is Kanye. Seems logical to me.

Dismissing individual groups it totally sweet though.

this man should write a book, he speaks truth!!

you dont know much about production now do you?...

kanye is like the neptunes..

but you prob dont know them either...

kanye is probably the best r&b/hiphop producer round at the mo, very very talented!

im keen as beans to see him, makes the concert all the more awsome, and i was only going for u2..

Getting back on topic - I have no idea who this Kayne is, but if he's a rapper as I glean from your posts, it does indeed seem a strange choice of opening act for U2. I'm sure my daughter will not be pleased... She's 23 and into metal and rock and considers rap to be for pre-teens. Maybe she's too old... mind you, she doesn't much like U2 either, 'cos they're too tame, but she's going along "just 'cos" ...

I agree 100% with the suggestion to use a Kiwi band.

Please tell me she likes Rammstein?

Anyway, rapperihaveneverheardof + "The greatest band in the world" = WTF