Sign in to follow this  
FRT

Best car dealer ever

My dear ol dad, (some of you racers may have met him and my mum at the race track ) is in his mid 80s! Has watched me own and race many BMWs, wel he has just bought his first BMW, it's a 2011 325i.

Bought it from Gullivers in New Market, and boy talk about VIP treatment.

We went to look at the car took it for a ride 21k on tge clock, Asked them to convert gps and radio all accepted. They are Japanese staff? They were very polite and went over the whole car with us. We signed up to collect thursdsy and there was the whole staff to greet and shake hands befire we left. We drove off the lot in my car and they all lined up on the foot path to wave us away while one guy walked to the middle of the side street and stopped the traffic while we turned out.

Dad picked up the car today and had a full on presentation unveiling ceremony, the car was under a big black silk cloth. They took his photo with the car upon hand over. He was blown away, best used car transaction ever in our experience!!!

I've never bought a new car from BMW but as far as I know it's not as good as that.

Well done to Gullivers. If you want top service go there.

• Like 5

Congrats on his new car, good choice.... but i cant help but think the whole show sounds ridiculous and over the top wanky.

Mind you, im the kind of buyer that would rather tell a salesman to get lost and deal with no one.

• Like 1

You're probably right, such politeness sounds very japanese to me! I visited Japan in May so can talk from experience.

When we were flying out of Japan I looked out of the plane window to see about 10 members of the ground crew waving us goodbye

• Like 2

Yeah some may feel that would be a bit OTT but dads had a few shonky car salesman in his time back in the 70s with real pressure tactics. So it was great for him.

I checked over the car and checked factory recalls etc all good. But no worries if he doesn't like it over the next four weeks he can take it back for a full refund less the lvta registration fee.

It's Japanese common courtesy in the service industry. You will even see this kind of service at petrol stations in Japan. they will pump your gas, check tire pressures, wash windows and check fluids. and when you drive out, some will guide you out of traffic and if you look through the rear view mirror, you will see them bowing with their hats off.

• Like 5

Would probably make me a bit uncomfortable personally, but that's a great story, certainly sounds as though they treat their customers well.

• Like 2