Sign in to follow this  
EuroAllDay

Wheel Wobble from the rear right

I know this won't be of too much help posting here as you can't physically see the wheel but I got told by a mate who was following me that my "right rear wheel was wobbling 1 inch if that", I have jacked up the car and checked for play, don't really have any play or anything, only thing I have noticed that isn't right is when I go over small bumps or speed bumps there's a slight knock sound, I have no idea what it would be as I'm not the most mechanically minded, control arm bushing? bad tire, bad rim? I have to say there is camber wear on the inside of my tires, would a wheel alignment and balance + new rear tires fix this?

Cheers. any help is appreciated

Sounds like you need to take it to a professional. Sounds pretty serious/dangerous

Sounds like you need to take it to a professional. Sounds pretty serious/dangerous

+1

The OP can ring me tomorrow Ph: (09) 2722546

i t wont be 25mm thats huge.even a very small runout can look much worse that it is.Def worth getting it looked at though!

Will give you a call Glenn, just working around my work schedule.

I was at 40 psi on my tires put them down to about 33, seems a lot better, not sure if this was the issue, hard to see as I'm always driving.

Are the rims hub centric? If so, a missing hub ring can make things look pretty disturbing

Are the rims hub centric? If so, a missing hub ring can make things look pretty disturbing

Not too sure mate, It's a 328i e46 1998 stock rims.

Cheers.