Sign in to follow this  
ducatiss

My 320i Updated

After quite a few hours work including:

Sorting out the engine tuning (though I have a doner 2.5 motor still to go in!!)

Total Interior refittd with leather (also repaired all the water leaks coming in when it rained)

Replaced the standard clock/date/temp with a full spec OBC

Replaced all speakers and added some door tweeters and an Amp in the boot

Lowered 40mm all round with B+G springs (Bilstein Sports to go in real soon)

Full Shadowline (lots of work but imo well worth it), I will do a write up of how I did it later

Replaced 14" wheels with 15"

Replaced original headlights with the later facelift ones

Added small boot spoiler

It now looks like this:

post-9-1136029059.jpg

Edited by ducatiss

Yes, even added the dreaded M badge - think after all that work she deserved it lol

post-9-1136030856.jpg

Edited by ducatiss

amazing difference!! well done... :thumb: nice and simple, no rice.

Hope there is a manual tranny in the pipeline for the 2.5..???

(on the side, you wouldn't happen to have any spare centre caps for the mags you have on now? I have a set without caps... :( anybody out there help?)

SHES SMART ALRIGHT.

(Maybe a couple of people could learn a thing or two from this :ph34r: )

just a niggly thing, I hate having a bling bling silver headdeck on a black dashboard. Just something to consider people, I like having a black one as it keeps with the flow of hte car.

Thanks for all your comments - confirms for me that I'm on the right track. yes I agree about the head unit - have considered replacing it already and probably will one day but it makes great sound and would rather put my money into the cars performance and handling. :)

in my opinion, I'd go without the M badge front and rear as well as debadge the 320 sign. Would make it so much more symetrical.

:lol: yep I was waiting for it - no, I like the M badge. I did think of putting the M badge on the other side though. Had all the badges off for a while too but, imo looks better with the badges.

I have a set of Bilstein Sports coming from the U.S . I am going to take out the front struts and replace them with the 51mm housing ones from my dead 325i as it seems you cant get 46mm ones from the U.S due to the fact thaey didnd import any E30 320i's.

:lol: yep I was waiting for it - no, I like the M badge. I did think of putting the M badge on the other side though. Had all the badges off for a while too but, imo looks better with the badges.

I have a set of Bilstein Sports coming from the U.S . I am going to take out the front struts and replace them with the 51mm housing ones from my dead 325i as it seems you cant get 46mm ones from the U.S due to the fact thaey didnd import any E30 320i's.

you should be able to shocks for the 45mm housings as they also came on the early 318i. But go for the 51mm housing if you have them.