Sign in to follow this  
drc38

Moving on from my M3

It was a difficult decision but after over 10 years with the joy of driving an M3 it was time to move on. My search for a worthy 4 door straight six replacement at a sensible price point resulted in much head scratching and started by checking out M sport 335i's, but I kept coming back to wanting a manual. In the end I have ended up with a 130i although the 330i and 530i were also on the list. So far I am enjoying the new ride, although very different. The M3 is light and precise whilst the 130i with its shorter gearing gets to the redline quicker.

If anyone is interested the M3 is now up for sale due to the lack of a double garage and house projects :( Will post some pics of the 130i after I give it a wash.

http://www.autotrader.co.nz/used-cars-for-sale/bmw-m3/1517833

post-53047-0-51723400-1448869381.jpg

post-53047-0-15714000-1448869382.jpg

Look i hate to rag on a guys post, but you need to fix the exhaust, looks like the hangers have gone AWOL , back box is hanging down two inches lower than it should be!!

• Like 4

Agreed the tips should be sitting inline with the trim, will take a look at what is going on with the hangers.

Other than the exhaust, thats a great looking car. It always makes me wonder though why BMW didnt fit the sedan with a front lip or decent sport seats (or even just vaders).

Any pictures of the 130i?

• Like 1

The vader seats are somewhat of a personal preference imo compared with the standard m sport seats, but agree it really didn't make sense for it not to get the front lip of the coupes. On the flip side it got a better looking steering wheel imo than the coupes.

Pics of the 130i to come later in the week...

Haven't got around to giving it a wash but here is a pic of the 130i

post-53047-0-09639500-1448951567.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like it got knocked off coming down my parent's 1/2 km gravel drive, re-seated in hangers to correct its alignment. Cheers Andy for picking it up.

post-53047-0-24453600-1450586040_thumb.j