Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

New wheels........maybe?

The tread on my tyres at the moment wont pass it's next warrant so instead of getting new tyres I want to get a new set of wheels as well. I have found a set of wheels that sorta stay with the origianl look of the car. I dont want the boyracer look as I want to keep the car looking rather standard. Theyr tsw Kyalami and they fit perfectly with a p25 offset. I was thinking of getting 17x7 on the front with 1.5" dish and 17x8 on the back with 2" dish. They come in 3 finishes but there will be no chrome on my car so it's a decision between High gloss silver and Hyper black. I am a young guy so i don't want that boyracer look. All opinions would be helpful.

Both Wheels pictured below. I have a 87 m325i, also pictured below.

Pic 1

post-8-1136418995.jpg

And finally a Pic of my car, if anyone could P. chop it so I could see what it looks like that would be mint as i have no idea how to use the programme.

post-8-1136419226.jpg

that is pleasing to the eye. i like it

Guest Andrew

And finally a Pic of my car, if anyone could P. chop it so I could see what it looks like that would be mint as i have no idea how to use the programme.

screaming to be lowered

Andrew: Yeah i know it is but I'm going to lower it the same time as I get some wheels, thats a real bad pic, it doesnt usually look that high haha.

Not selling the weaves because when I do sell it i'll sell it with the original wheels as i'll still get the same price.

look good, only thing is, ive never heard a good thing about tsw wheels. They bend real easy. Heard that from a lot of people, experienced it before too.

Has anyone heard or had this problem before?

If this were to happen wouldn't it be covered in the warranty?

would be for a while, but not for long, ive heard heaps of people saying that TSW buckle very easily, warran dixon (rimrite) hates them

Has anyone heard or had this problem before?

If this were to happen wouldn't it be covered in the warranty?

Plus a warranty on wheels will be dodgy. They cant guarantee hardness against potholes. They would say that it is unusual wear & tear or something, not a manufacture error.. Dont go cheap on rims. Get BBS - that style is basically a bbs anyway.

Yeah I wanted bbs but the guy said it would be hard to fit the wheels on my car. Has anyone fitted bbs mesh wheels to the similar stud pattern that i have, and if you have was it very difficult?

ahh true, they wouldnt make any 4x100 BBS wheels anymore, you can get adaptors if you like, but theyre a bit dodgy, and for the price that ur paying for BBS, you sorta want them to bolt on straight away, what about konig's range?

tsw's are very soft, go up a driveway a little to fast next thing you know flat spot. can be fixed but its a pain getting it done all the time.

Yeah I don't want adaptors, dont really want to mess around with the stering setup.

Konig did have the wheel "imagine" but for some reason they stopped making it, which f**ked me right off.

I don't think i'll go with the tsw's now from what ive heard.

Its so damn hard trying to find wheels that fit.

These are the imagines

post-8-1136712795.jpg

yeah i wanted some of those tsw's so bad!! the guy at mag and turbo said tsw dont recomend them on e30's :huh:

Yeah im not getting them now (the tsw). I thiink adaptors will be the key but the wheels will be exspensive whereas i can get cheap set of brand new lenso rs5's with good tyres which will look badass but not realy stay with the original bmw theme.