Sign in to follow this  
325GRANT

little by little

manifold 90% finished just need to connect turbo to it now...

have to admit its pretty exciting to see the turbo dummy'd into place (even if it is held on to a broom handle with mig wire)

but thats where it will sit

post-2-1136439866.jpg

F**K She'll fly once thats on aye.

You mean with the broom handle???

Brooms don't really fly, y'know....

You've been watching too much Harry Potter, mate :lol:

can you post up some more info? like ECU, turbo, CR? Also any chance of some pics of manifold when its done? I'd like to see how you got around the steering column.

as above....manifold pics would be gold. what you doing for ECU? did you change the CR? looking forward to seeing it done! looks good

i didnt really want to post a photo of the manifold because it looks a little rangi, needs a bit (lot) of grinding to tidy up some of the welds. it was tricky to get to most of the bits that needed welding so better too much then to little. will be hpc coated when finished so it will look ok, not bad for a home build anyway.the turbo is a ihi vf29, to be honest its a little small but this first build is only a trial anyway. im putting a flange onto the manifold where it stops now so i can change turbo by just unbolting the "neck" and making a new one to fit new turbo.

will be running a link-plus but wont be changing compression for this motor, boost will be so low it wont matter too much.

i dont know what im going to do for injectors yet... didnt realise they were so expensive. any help would be cool.

post-2-1136528264.jpg

Looks good for a first attempt/trial, obviously not a high HP item but will work well non the less.

Grant, I have 4 GSR 390cc injectors which may be of use to you, just find a couple more as they are pretty cheap!?!?!

All looking pretty good grant, I'll be happy if my manifold ends up looking like yours.

Looks good for a first attempt/trial, obviously not a high HP item but will work well non the less.

Grant, I have 4 GSR 390cc injectors which may be of use to you, just find a couple more as they are pretty cheap!?!?!

Hi or low impedance? I believe the early ones were low while the later body shape are high. I maybe interested if grant doesn't buy them, depending what sort they are. I need to start aquiring bits. Edited by petone

Guest Andrew

i'm rocking Ford V8 (bosch) 5 ltr injectors - 50% duty cycle on my motor with Link - so should be adequate for you. Would need way more fuel pressure for turbo though.

Around $600 inc GST for a set of new ones.

Guest Andrew

real info on oil pressure would be cool also - i hear its near on 3 - 4 bar? What size restrictors etc you'll use to the turbo oil feed.

real info on oil pressure would be cool also - i hear its near on 3 - 4 bar? What size restrictors etc you'll use to the turbo oil feed.

all good questions ... if anyone knows the answers can you let me know asap!! ha

anyway manifold all done so its all down to $$$ for link now

post-2-1137221342.jpg

Edited by 325GRANT

Guest Andrew

all good questions ... if anyone knows the answers can you let me know asap!! ha

anyway manifold all done so its all down to $$$ for link now

Got a full Link install in mine if you want pics of bits / what wiring was done.

Didn't do myself so can't help ya there.

Looks mean.

What do you call "low boost"?

5-7lb?

I take it you're planning on running standard internals?

Please keep us updated how you are getting on. I've pretty much abandoned the idea of a non-bmw engine conversion, so now looking at either m20 or m50 turbo options and would love as much info as possible.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

yea first engine is prob going to be a bit of a time bomb... but i am also building a low comp engine that will be a bit more reliable and i should be able to squeeze some more HP out of it.

Haha this is looking good, cant wait to see it finished, whats it cost you so far? for turbo, link etc, also could you get clones made of your manifold? B)

It is possable to make clones. I would have to work out a labour cost for the welding as I am the one who has done it for grant. At a guess you would be looking somewhere around 8-900 mark.

Okay thats awesome, just good to know for future referance, still weighing up options as far as a 2.7 build, a 2.5 fully worked or turbo the 2.0, one day i will decide...... <_<