Sign in to follow this  
325GRANT

little by little

looking forward to this!

Grant you thinking of running wideband with logging output? I totally recommend it .. as you can link in nicely with a laptop to it and graph all A/F vs RPM vs boost ... is so much better for tuning than the links output .. We have just finished my flatmates GSR after bunch of turbo / fuel system upgrades. We used the graphs to monitor the links low RPM auto tune. Then ever important hi boost tune .. We found the links auto tune cant keep up with how fast the car would get up to top end boost, therefore only actually getting a couple of readings in. So we tuned it manually with stunning results.

Fully recommend running wideband with logging output.

, also could you get clones made of your manifold? B)

you dont want one ... trust me

its pretty (VERY) rugged.

as soon as i get the car going and save some more $$$ i will be selling the first manifold ... i guessing it will be pretty cheap

Grant you thinking of running wideband with logging output? I totally recommend it .. as you can link in nicely with a laptop to it and graph all A/F vs RPM vs boost ...

sounds like the way to go

where can i find out more about this?

Grant you thinking of running wideband with logging output? I totally recommend it .. as you can link in nicely with a laptop to it and graph all A/F vs RPM vs boost ...

http://www.zeitronix.com/ is what hes using... if you want to have a look sometime and see how it all works ... come over ... pm me if so.

IMHO depends if you going to do the tuning yourself. If you are they are a must have. On the other hand if you getting the pros to do it I don't think they are worth the cost. Depends on your budget though.

IMHO depends if you going to do the tuning yourself. If you are they are a must have. On the other hand if you getting the pros to do it I don't think they are worth the cost. Depends on your budget though.

hmm agree to a point, What the pros will do is stick an oxy sensor up ya tail pipe. This is all good for specific turbo vehicles that are factory built this way... but when converting N/A to FI on a stand alone management system especially on a BMW I would'nt really want to be caught without proper logging (detonation is a bitch). A wideband will give you proper accurate readings so you may get your A/F set correctly. Also, The amount of money you'll spend on pros tuning it .. you can spend that money on the wideband and you have the benefit of learning about your car.

Also the Link wont autotune the mid fuel zones properly without wideband.

On the other hand if you getting the pros to do it I don't think they are worth the cost.

speedtech , (home of the worlds fastest evo ;) ) will be doing the tuning. i know its not the cheapest way to go but Andre is pretty amazing when it comes to tuning link computers.

Guest Andrew

LEM V5 supports wide band oxy + data logging -

Unsure if you can get it to graph it - but you could easily export the RPM + AFR

speedtech , (home of the worlds fastest evo ;) ) will be doing the tuning. i know its not the cheapest way to go but Andre is pretty amazing when it comes to tuning link computers.

I will give Andre the BIG thumbs up. He did the tuning on my Formula Atlantic Powered Datsun. He is amazing at tuning and the to think he was getting 230hp out of my little N/A 1600. This was about 5 years ago now and he has come along way in that time.

There is no doubt in my mind that he will get the most horsepower out of Grants 325iT with the limited amount of engine work Grant does (standard comp) and it will be a VERY safe tune as well.

I can't say enough about Andre and his wizard like Brilliance.

Guest Andrew

cool man - at one stage I was considering bringing my car to welly to have him tune it!

its been a while so i thought id post a quick update...

now have ...

intercooler / lamda link o2 sensor and "Maxiumum Boost by Corky Bell" ;)

sill need ...

fuel pump / injectors / knock sensor

post-2-1145703272.jpg

Edited by 325GRANT